Part Pricer
Show some support for MikeZ

D.I.Y. of the Year
URY914
My vote is for the guy with the WD40 on his car. smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif

A true DIY.

Paul
redshift
Problem: 10,000 914 guys show up on the 911 forum.....

smile.gif

M
Lawrence
Why would that be a problem? We've invaded that forum before. lol2.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Make it 9,999. I don't play over there anymore.
redshift
Ever hear of the war between the north and south?

To us, it's like intrepid warriors, set off to win one for the team..

To them, it's like Watts spilling over into Brentwood..

smile.gif

M
madd_dogg_914
I voted for Zois, we all should.

-Chris
Joe Bob
Uhoh....here it comes.....

You LIKE ME.....you really, really LIKE ME...... barf.gif
Aaron Cox
i;m too lazy to register on the PP bbs.

I think AA's forum shouls nominate :dhead: of the year!
Zeke
I don't know if they are accepting nominations for anything except 911's. What did MikeZ do to his cab besides a roll bar and a trailer hitch that is concealed by the licence plate? Oh, and a 3.6?

Now his 356 is a different story. Not my cup of tea, but a worthy effort. smilie_pokal.gif

And he has a 914/6 still? Maybe the award for the most bases covered. beer.gif

Still, the nut by nut, bolt by bolt, ground up projects that have been presented are tough to beat.

Shoot, I did that from a rusty tub to a functional race car and the car never once left the work space and no one else ever came to assist. This is the consumate one man DIY. Roll cage included. I'm not looking for any award for that. I can find 5 guys that can do that in their sleep. The award should go to the person that did the DIY and came up with a car that people surround in awe everywhere it goes. Tough call.
Mueller
Oh, and a 3.6?

Not a DIY project.....the Cap'n did it smile.gif

I never posted pictures or the article I did about replacing the rusted out longitudal of my father-in-laws '73 911T, that was a heck of a DIY if I say so myself smash.gif
Joe Bob
Not entirely true.....He did the engine install, and the DME.

I did all the exhaust, smog issues the chip re configuration, the de bugging, wired the dash sensors.....I asked him to do the install it as he was nice enough to find a buyer for the 3.0 and gave me such a good deal on the labor I would have been stupid to pass on it.
J P Stein
I vote for Milt. He did EVERYTHING himself.....body work, paint, engine, suspenders....I get exhausted just thinking about it. The only negative is that he also owns a Boxster.....which may be grounds for disqualification. cool_shades.gif
Zeke
Hah! For 914's, I was gonna vote for you! No one ever caressed their A-arms like you massaged those babies. And your engine (by pics I have seen) is as sanitary as a hospital OR. We both get kudos for sitting under the goddamn fender wells and beating the bejeezus out of the fender. I almost knocked the car off it's stands beating on it smash.gif .
J P Stein
QUOTE(Zeke @ Aug 6 2003, 11:25 AM)
HWe both get kudos for sitting under the goddamn fender wells and beating the bejeezus out of the fender. I almost knocked the car off it's stands beating on it smash.gif .

True, but mine still looks like hammered shit.

Now I gotta go detail the engine room......what kinda engine wax does everyone use?
ChrisReale
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 6 2003, 11:11 AM)
I The only negative is that he also owns a Boxster.....which may be grounds for disqualification. cool_shades.gif

Little miffed about that red Boxster that kicks butt at the PRPCA AX's? laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Milt all the way.

JP bought ULF in decent condition.

B
Joe Bob
Oh please....if you wanna talk about bringing something back from the dead.....you should have seen my first 914. I have pics.....

Not one panel on that thing was straight......

This is one reason why I hated team sports.....

I build cars to piss people off or to build MY ego. It ain't about other people what THEY think is cool.

It's about how big my dick is..... bootyshake.gif

BTW,,,,vote for me for hairiest ass.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 6 2003, 11:21 PM)
BTW,,,,vote for me for hairiest ass.....

i tought that was your cleavage ?!? laugh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Aug 6 2003, 05:18 PM)

Little miffed about that red Boxster that kicks butt at the PRPCA AX's? laugh.gif

Not really.
Mr. Eames and his wife are national level drivers.
Here's what happens when a national level drives the ulf:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1m BM 123 Janne Boone Wheeler 49.913
2m FP 41 Doug Skinner 74 Porsche 914/6 50.116
3m XSS 1 Tom Kotzian 01 Corvette Z06 50.680
4m FP 1 John McCuskey 72 Datsun 240Z 51.396
5m BP 87 Chad Olerich 65 Corvette 51.788
6m RCSP 99 Jerry Jenkins 94 Mazda Miata 51.800
7m EM 65 Denis Cornforth 65 Cobra 51.836
8m XCSP 17 George Hudetz 94 Mazda Miata 51.981
9m ES 90 Paladin Rawley 90 Mazda Miata 52.408
10m XBS 94 Curtis Eames 01 Boxster 52.598

I may get there some day.....or I may have waited to long to start doing this stuff.
Rockaria
[quote=J P Stein,Aug 6 2003, 02:44 PM] [QUOTE=Zeke,Aug 6 2003, 11:25 AM]...
Now I gotta go detail the engine room......what kinda engine wax does everyone use? [/quote]
WD-40 happy11.gif
seanery
just don't get it on the paint! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.