Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melinda Moore is missing in Nor-Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
Friends,

A good friend of the Bay Area motorcycle community, Melinda Moore (aka 'BigRed') has gone missing. She left her home in Santa Rosa, CA at 8:30am on Monday September 19th. She was riding a red Aprilia tuono, and wearing black leather pants/boots and a Dianese jacket, black with red sleeves.
She should have been traveling to class at the Santa Rosa Junior College but she never arrived there.
It is unclear where she went or what happened, but we are exploring every possible means to find her.
Please have a look at the website www.findbigred.com for current information and a printable flier.
The news media is starting to get involved and this has thankfully put some extra pressure on law enforcment to direct some more attention to the search

The members at www.bayarearidersforum.com and www.northbaysportriders.com have been wonderful in offering support and assistance with physical searches, media contacts, and much more.
There is a wealth of information to be found at these locations.

If you've ever met Melinda, you'll never forget her, and if you haven't met her please take a moment to have a look as well.
If you can contribute any information, or assistance please let us know.

Any communications should be routed through the website and not through this forum.

Thank you.

Michael

www.findbigred.com

Lets bring her home!

Clickable link from above:

Find Big Red
Mueller
sorry to hear that this ended badly, I heard about her on the news this morning sad.gif
grasshopper
daaaaammmmnnnnn sad.gif
bmcwilli
(from newspaper article)

She left helmet and gloves on the highway as a marker.

Police are treating it as an apparent suicide. She had been depressed/upset for awhile.

I cannot imagine the pain that would cause this beautiful woman to violently take her life.

Folks...pay attention to what's happening with family and friends.

Watch for warning signs that signal suicidal thoughts.

What a horrific thing her loved ones must now deal with.

Tobra
Now that is pretty fucked up. She did pick a beautiful spot to check out though, I will give her that.
Bezerker420
she just whomped it off the edge with the throttle wide open??

I was thinking mebbe she got pushed off-line from a car driving wildly.....then I scrolled down and saw it was a suicide? "left helmet as a marker" sheesh...

bummer....
Dr. Roger
Holy crap!

That's only a few clicks from where I go Ab diving. Rough coast but fantastic for sport bikes. And 914's...

Any lady like that must have had a shit load of friends. I just don't get it. She never even told her fiance'. Live to ride. Ride to live. =-((

My condolences to family and friends.
nocones
Friends,

Thank you for the condolences.
Melinda was a dear friend of mine, and I miss her greatly.
She was truly a force of nature, with an infectious laugh and a mile-wide smile.
A great rider, a beautiful person, and a lovely woman.

In my darkest times, when I seriously considered the same thing, it was her that convinced me otherwise.
She was always there, looking out for her friends (of whom there are literaly hundreds)
and making sure she lived every last ounce of her life.

It was a great shock to us all to find her in this way. Suicide was not what anyone thought had happened.
She was low, but trust me, she had endured a young life that would have killed most of us long ago. And yet she persevered,
and she thrived.
I cannot think what private struggle led her to this choice.

I took her fiance, Mark to the site on Thursday. A few close friends spent the afternoon there, just trying to take it in.
I scaled the cliff, following the route she took, to try and learn anything I could.
Estimating the actual distance is difficult for me, but it was a long climb down and back up.

Melinda will be remembered by everyone whos life she touched, and more.
The grassroots effort that whipped into action to search for her was unprecedented. My thanks to everyone who contributed.

She picked a beautiful spot, to end a long ride. She had fixed her makeup, set down her lid, fired up her great italian bike and headed West one last time. Wind in her hair, no doubt a big smile and a trail of incredible laughter.

As stated above, please be aware of your family and friends. Don't take depression, or sadness lightly, and take the time to really listen.
wheelo
So Sorry for your loss...

May she rest in peace... peace that passes our understanding...

Sometimes people feel the need to accelerate the death process...

She will be one with our maker, and the struggle, will have ended...

God Bless

- M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.