Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rick 918-S - Your pictures are ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
The 93 - Let me know what else I can do. If you get real serious, I can go back over there (it's not far at all, my parents live a couple of miles from there) and bring a tarp and really give it the once over. I'll crawl underneath and check/poke the nooks and crannies for rust and what not. The trans just behind the motor on the 93 is oily. Doesn't really look like rear main, more like leaky rear valve cover.

Basically it looked pretty good for the money.
Gint
Gint
Gint
Gint
Gint
88 White
Gint
88 with 93 motor
Gint
88 with 93 motor - interior
rick 918-S
Cool Mike! Thanks for doing that for us! clap.gif These are much better photos than the owner posted.
Gint
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Sep 26 2005, 10:38 PM)
Cool Mike! Thanks for doing that for us! clap.gif These are much better photos than the owner posted.

No problem Rick! Let me know what else I can do. I wouldn't mind looking through the lot of "Crazy Creations" again anyway.
Jeroen
Those are a lot of fun!
Bought one for my wife as her first car when she got here licence
We later restored it. Painted porsche viper green, new black soft top, overhauled the engine, recaro seats, custom exhaust, etc. etc.
We had sooo much fun with that car!
aircooledboy
RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bud. Bad flashbacks. Had one back in the dark ages. Traded my pristine 76 2.0 for one back in 88'. I was getting married, and we decided we needed something a bit more pratical. 3 weeks later the Consumer Reports article came out saying they were a roll over death trap. After a few months of commuting back and forth from school, I realized that I couldn't get the damn thing to go 60 mph against the wind unless I drafted the vehicle in front of me. headbang.gif Tried to sell it only to find due to above mentioned article, my 3 month old $8500 investment was now worth $2500 on the open market. mad.gif

BTW, I was able to get out from under (pun intended biggrin.gif )the albatross for a nice insurance pay out WHEN THE FREAKIN THING ROLLED OVER ON ME VERY UNEXPECTEDLY. ar15.gif
rick 918-S
Sandy had one when the kids were little. She still has fond memories of hers. Were looking for an econo commuter that we can plow snow with.

Both Sandy and I spun hers out more than once. huh.gif Very short wheel base. ohmy.gif

Part of Jay Leno's monolog: IIRCC Suzuki was expected to make an announcement about a total recall of the Samuria, but when asked they stated they decided to wait until they all rolled back. laugh.gif
Gint
I guess I have to title this thread "OT" now.
SpecialK
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 27 2005, 06:20 PM)
I guess I have to title this thread "OT" now.

Just to be on the safe side.... wink.gif Don't want the O.T. Nazi's comin' down on you.

As to "this" topic, a friend of mine had an '88 (IIRC), and it was a blast to drive! Never got it in deep snow, but I'll bet they do pretty good.
rick 918-S
Duluth is often compared to S.F. becausae of the hills. Sandy used to pass big ass Suburbans and Explorers while driving up the steepest hills during snow storms. She used to come home laughing about how stupid they looked. laugh.gif
Hawktel
I owned a samuri for years as a daily driver.

Its a raped ape in the snow. Its awesome for wheeling. I tried to get it stuck, no go. I'd go Elk hunting with it, and all that could keep up with me was a duce and a 1/2 with chained up fronts. I could easy fit it through spots no one else could go.

On the other hand I couldn't get it over 60 on a uphill. No high end power.

Its suspension and wheel base made it feel like being in a blender.

Ohh and the time some asshole stole the top in January, and I couldn't get any dealership in 100 miles to ship one in faster than a week blew really hard.

And when you get bored with it, there is a kit out there to shove a 4.3 into one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.