Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got the car running....I'm a happy camper...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well after struggling for a few hours trying to get my new to me '74 D-Jet 2.0 fired up I am happy to report that it runs.....turns out that I installed the plug wires on the distributor cap off by 90 degrees...doh !!!!

I still have to install the shift linkage and a few other little items before I can take it for a spin.....

Oh, there is some bad news to report...I had my battery charger on the roof, it slide off during a backfire and put two dents and removed some paint on the body near the sailpanel.......ouch....amazingly, I not get too upset and just shrugged my shoulders and called myself a dumbass smile.gif

It's nice when the car is not too cherry.......

Mike Mueller
Jeroen
You mean you almost have a 914 that is drivable???
No wonder your banana is dancing so hard biggrin.gif

Hurry up, we expect a detailed test-run-around-the-block-report!

cheers,

Jeroen
J P Stein
This could be big, VERY BIG. Meuller with a drivable 914....who'da thunk it.

Just think, you can drive it for a couple weeks then fix it till it doesn't run no more.....cool!
ChrisReale
Way to go mike clap56.gif I mean banana Boy :finger2:
mikerose
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 9 2003, 01:00 PM)

Just think, you can drive it for a couple weeks then fix it till it doesn't run no more.....cool!

Lets hope mike can keep it running. That D-Jet is mine.
Mueller
Hey Mike...thanks again for the use of the motor and rims...I'll be in you debt for a long time smile.gif
L8Apex
you making me jealous. I need to figure out what's wrong with mine. still won't start! I'm pretty sure it's not getting a spark, and I'm kinda lazy to change out the points, as I have new ones sitting in my "F1 shop"
krk
Mike,

Good to hear you got the beast running. Look forward to seeing it!

kim.
Aaron Cox
Way cool, congradulations. Borrowed a motor huh? quite the used car salesman heh smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.