Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Release Hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Targa
All I know is that I should get a fine splined hub rather than a coarse one. Opinions, prices, what's the hot ticket?
ArtechnikA
i got mine from here. okay, silly name, good product, good price. i got what they now call the "Type 1A"

$100.

i like it.

i'm actually using a Momo wheel on a Personal hub to get the spacing i like.
Jeroen
the one Rich mentioned is nice and it's hard to beat for the price

paragon also has a nice QR, a little more expensive

OGracing has a QR that doesn't require a hub (the splined part bolts straight to your steering shaft)

what type of wheel and hub are you using?
Targa
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 27 2005, 02:22 PM)
what type of wheel and hub are you using?

A MOMO Prototipo. What else! Thanks for the replies. Do you happen to have the link to the QR hub that bolts to the column?
Jeroen
http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=164

It's the second one, but I think it's a bit crude for a street car
works on a track car
messix
i'm intested in one too, but.. is there much play in the quick release? are the ball bearing ones better than the splined one for slop or play?
Mueller
sick question smile.gif

anyone use a stock wheel with a QR??

I kinda like my stock wheel wacko.gif
Joe Bob
I have one....bought it from Iverson when he said it had too much play...doan bother me. You doan have a horn....or it's gonna be a PITA to do so....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (messix @ Sep 27 2005, 07:42 PM)
is there much play in the quick release?

are the ball bearing ones better than the splined one for slop or play?

1) not mine, donno about others.
2) you'd think a bearing version would be better at compensating for wear than splines. i've had mine off maybe a dozen times. if it went on and off a dozen times a weekend in a track (dusty, gritty...) environment maybe there'd be more opportunity for wear, but with reasonable exercise you're not going to experience any, IMO.

BTW - my horn button works just fine. you -do- have to pop the button and disconnect the wire if you're going to use the QD feature. if i were doing more track events where i had it on and off a lot, i might find an alternate horn actuation mechanism. PA requires an operable horn on a street car.

frankly, i've seen enough clueless people in race track paddocks that IMO a horn is a good idea on a track car too.
xitspd
ohmy.gif
JWest
I use this one (removed at least 4 times a day to get in and out of the Scheel seat) Tekniq Snap-Off.

It has horn contacts built in, and tapered pins that will adjust for slop.

I got the the street legal verison since it was cheaper than the track version (not sure why) and I easily removed the lock cylinder (since, as I said, I remove the thing at least 4 times a day).
campbellcj
I have the Tekniq 'race' version and it is awesome; no slop and easy to install and use.
Jeroen
I've got the one from http://www.tcracing.org
Same as the Tekniq racing version

Drawback on those is that they don't fit a momo hub
I already had a correct hub to fit it to, so it wasn't a problem for me

Above, I mentioned Paragon
They sell the exact same QR but one that does fit a momo hub
ottox914
I've got the teknic street and love it. Left the lock system working. Thats a PLUS on a street car. Quick trip to the Dairy Queen? Leave it locked, slither in and out of your car, you're good. Gone from the car longer, want some "security", pop it off and in the trunk. Track day? Using the key takes just seconds longer to unlock and release. I got the version that uses the momo hub, and so requried an adaptor to make it all work. This moved the wheel back maybe 1 inch, which I like better for my personal preference of driving position. Very happy customer. And the horn still works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.