Full Version: Intermediate plates?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TRE Cup
looking for replacement BILLET intermediate plate for the side shifter trans
thanks!
dave
Mueller
Dave,

least expensive plate I've seen has been advertised in Excellence, thier price is a good $100 less than most.

BTW, I saw your company in the credits of a really bad movie over the weekend..it was about a guy trying to get a $50 million prize for breaking Mach 2 on land biggrin.gif ...unless there is another TRE Motorsports wacko.gif
Demick
You should be a little more clear. Are you looking for:

1. A used OEM intermediate plate
2. A new OEM intermediate plate
3. An aftermarket (probably billet) intermediate plate.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Demick @ Sep 27 2005, 02:48 PM)
You should be a little more clear. Are you looking for:

If they're machining it from one piece, and they have to, it's "billet" by definition (but not by the dictionary; look it up). That's one of the words of which I'm REALLY getting tired. I'm almost to pissy....... can krusty be far behind? The Cap'n
Mueller
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 27 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Demick @ Sep 27 2005, 02:48 PM)
You should be a little more clear.  Are you looking for:

If they're machining it from one piece, and they have to, it's "billet" by definition (but not by the dictionary; look it up). That's one of the words of which I'm REALLY getting tired. I'm almost to pissy....... can krusty be far behind? The Cap'n

how about "not machined from a casting"??? smile.gif
actually, that might not be true since the raw "billet" could be cast and not pressed, rolled or extruded to get into the shape needed for the raw block.......

TRE Cup
new non oem stronger than stock intermediate plate is what i am after
thanks!
and yes- really bad land speed record movie- one of the producers is a client and wanted a supply of car decals. so.. why not?! laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
the usual suspects sell the Billet AL plate.

Performance Products has the one marketed by weltmeister.
TRE Cup
there were a couple of individuals that sold them for far below p/p dealer cost. i got one before for my 6 and it was nice. can't find the ad in excellence june 05 issue
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (TRE Cup @ Oct 14 2005, 02:30 PM)
there were a couple of individuals that sold them for far below p/p dealer cost. i got one before for my 6 and it was nice. can't find the ad in excellence june 05 issue

a guy on Pelican had a run made
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.