Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove over spray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

I've go overspray on various parts of the car like wires and the like.

How's the best way to remove it?
mikey
I tried using acetone on my wiring harness and it started taking some of the colored stripes off so be careful. There's a product called "Goof Off" which might not be as strong as acetone. What ever you try, test it out on a hidden part of your wiring harness first.

Dave_Darling
Try a clay bar. You can find it with the other car-cleaning products. It doesn't work on everything, but it can work on overspray on some parts.

--DD
markb
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 28 2005, 07:35 PM)
Try a clay bar. You can find it with the other car-cleaning products. It doesn't work on everything, but it can work on overspray on some parts.

--DD

agree.gif It pulled the overspray (& bad touch-ups) off the Bus.
IronHillRestorations
As a last resort you can try some low temp enamel reducer (like duPont 3812), or some laquer thinner. Test an inconspicuous spot first though. Laquer thinner does well on rubber parts, and sort of brings back some life to dry rotted rubber.
Porsche Rescue
I like lacquer thinner and fine steel wool. It can dissolve plastic/vinyl if you get too aggressive. Good on rubber.
sgomes
I know brake fluid takes it off the side of the car. dry.gif Don't know what it would do to PVC but it doesn't hurt the rubber brake lines!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.