Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The old nla decel valve in the 914 trick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
My decel valve isnt quite up to speed. Any tips on repairing it or know of where to get one? A nos would be great smile.gif

Thanks
Tod
SirAndy
is the "decel valve" the same as the "auxiliary air valve" ????
if so, i need one too!

Andy
Brad Roberts
Two different animals Andy..

Tod (with one D) ??

99% of the 914 owners out there wouldnt know if their decel valve is working or not.. are you SURE.. its the decel valve not working ?? The decel valve mounts over near the pressure sensor close to the battery tray.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 7 2003, 12:10 AM)
Two different animals Andy..

guud!
i thought that with my current setup, i had eliminated the decel valve completely.
still need a working aux. valve tho ...

Andy
tod914
Brad,

My mechanic checked it and said it was sticking abit.
He used a handheld vacum device. The car also has a tendency to backfire on de-excelleration. I just put a new bursch on it. No leaks. However, there is some minor leaks out of the rear of the heat exchanger flange. It is the area where the exch. meets the end of the tail pipe. Maybe I can clamp that if you think thats a problem. We just did the valves, did a temp repair on the MPS, timming, cleaned plugs, and adjusted the co2 levels. The repair on the mps really made the car idle well. But, I dont expect it to last for ever. Sound like the decel would cause the backfiring if its not functing correctly?
Brad Roberts
I check them every once in awhile.. if they hold vacuum I leave them on the car.. if they dont hold.. I pull them off and block them completely (unless its concourse car)

Before I install any mufflers I take a flat metal file and make sure the HE flanges are flat. Home users tend to overtighten things and warp the flanges (something new gaskets cant fix)

I'm betting your backfire issue is a leak "somewhere".

Glad to hear your driving it.. clap56.gif

B
tod914
Ah ok - thanks Brad. I did tighten the bolts pretty good on the muffler. I will be removing it in the near future when the paint burns off. At that point in time, I will go with your suggestion and file things planar.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.