Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater flappers wont stay on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So my saga continues... I got the heater ELBOWs install to my heat exchangers. My second attempt at re-attaching the flappers has failed. As soon as I pull the heater lever, they come off. I've tightened the bolt on them down as far as it will go and they STILL keep coming off. What's the deal? Am I forgetting a seal or something?

TIA.
SLITS
They should tighten down, but...cut some shim stock from Buttwiper cans and place in the appropriate spots and then tighten them down

Wait

You should use Grolisch cans.........sorry
Aaron Cox
they have 2 screws holding them in....

cheesehead...
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 28 2005, 05:49 PM)
they have 2 screws holding them in....

cheesehead...

Not the flapper valves cheese head! Pinch clamp............
Aaron Cox
color me a moron.....

so the SOFT line to the heater valve?

HOSE CLAMP?
SLITS
No maroon.....there is an extension that comes from the heater box that is held by two (2 for those that can't read) cheesehead screws or preferably two (2) machine screws (for ease of removal). The "flapper box" mounts to the end of the extension by sliding over it and a pinch bolt securing it to the extension.

Yes you can use hose clamps on the flexible hoses from the "flapper boxes" to the body inlets.

Got the picture?
Brando
Hey, looky here. a Case of newcastle in can form.

I like projects that involve step 3: Have a beir.

I'll try shimming. If that doesn't work... I gotta try drilling and using them sheetmetal screws.
Aaron Cox
that mr maroon to you! slap.gif
Brando
Mr. Maroon kiddie Jr. it seems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.