Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got a racecar!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
To make a long story short (yeah, right), when Cap'n Krusty pulled into the motel parking lot to meet us at GAF, one of the first things he said to me was "you got a racecar", or words to that effect. It turns out the shop was given a 914 circletrack car, and nobody wanted it, so it became mine. dry.gif When I got to the shop after GAF, I found out why.

markb
It's a beaut, ain't it? laugh.gif

Aaron Cox
what a roach laugh.gif
Flat VW
Clean, one owner, low miles......

John
markb
It had a 1.7 or 1.8, full of water because of no intake. The side shifter & fuel cell look ok, but that's it. We pulled those, and sent it to dwell with my other parts cars, soon to be smooshed.

markb
We thought about making it a runner & taking it to GAF nxt year, but saner minds prevailed. biggrin.gif

bondo
Hahaha! How are the longs? smile.gif

markb
Actually, the battery tray, hell hole, and longs were solid. A shame.
goose2
Don't scrap it...it'll buff out
horizontally-opposed
I love it!!!!!!!!!! Don't change a thing, or give it to ME!

It's kind of a cross between one of those f-ugly 904 Bergspyders and the James Dean 550, post crash and George Barris, of course.

pete
markb
Pete, you're more than welcome to it! laugh.gif Come on down & pick it up. smile.gif I should tell you the welding leaves a bit to be desired, and the PO has mickey moused it pretty good. But if you want it, givemebeer.gif & it's yours.
Allan
I've neve seen a 914 set up more perfect for demolition derby's....
Jake Raby
Looks like they were going for the 61 RSK look...Look at that nose!

Hell, we need to let Chris drive that next year so he can bash the freakin Miata driver!
horizontally-opposed
Mmmmn...tasty. chowtime.gif

Does it even have a chance of being made operable? I'd like to run that thing out at the Altamont track.

I suspect it needs to be towed up here, eh? Must...discuss...with...the...wife. I can tell her it's a cute roadster.

Or would this be a good Bay Area people project, all chipping in to get the damn thing running with a V8?!? aktion035.gif

pete
horizontally-opposed
The only Porsche I would drive in a demolition derby is a....Cayenne.

Make mine a Turbo, too.

When does the next press car get here?!?

pete
Brando
If the longs and hell hole are good ... send it back east. It's worth restoring there!!! laugh.gif
GTeener
Kida looks like something you'd see picking up golf balls at a driving range...the front cage anyway... lol2.gif
markb
I went by to finish stripping the 75, and the racecar was gone to the crusher. No more racecar. sad.gif

laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Never fear, it'll be back soon as a Toyota or Hyundai! The Cap'n
Pompano Beach 914V8
Foose could fix it in a week if you have a good sob story.
Katmanken
The crusher? blink.gif

That car was prototype #3!!!!

Had the first rear flares ever on a teener, , a new style of prototype front bumper never before seen, and the really rare custom prototype front fenders found only on prototype #3....

I sense a lawsuit from the PO happy11.gif

Ken
mharrison
Didn't I see that on ebay from AA........

"Beautiful straight rust free one owner 914."
jd74914
QUOTE (mharrison @ Sep 29 2005, 09:40 PM)
Didn't I see that on ebay from AA........

"Beautiful straight rust free one owner 914."

they just couldn't get to it first biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.