Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Webhosts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgomes
I'm kinda feeling like my entire existence in this club is off-topic. Electric 914's are just too far out.

I've started a progress thread here and it has been helpful for me to get my stuff documented.

I'd like to keep it going so I'm thinking about my own website. I know nothing about creating webpages and the like but before I can do anything I have to find a place to put it! Any ideas?
SirAndy
no specific companies, but there are lots of free webhosting deals out there. usually, when you register a domain name, you can get some (free) webspace to go with it.

nothing fancy, but enough for a couple of pages.
beerchug.gif Andy
sgomes
Thanks Andy. I'll have a look around. I had no idea I could score one for free!

Last question:

Is there an easy way to rip my progress thread in it's entirety so I can kind of cut and paste it into a website? (breaking the link of course!)
SirAndy
QUOTE (sgomes @ Sep 28 2005, 09:41 PM)
Is there an easy way to rip my progress thread in it's entirety so I can kind of cut and paste it into a website? (breaking the link of course!)

while on the page, go to the "file" menu on your browser and select "save as" (on IE anyways) ...

that will save the html of the page and all pictures ...

you can then edit the page offline ...

type.gif Andy
sgomes
Thanks again! Got 'em. Had to save each page separately but I got them all I think.

Bye all. Thanks for all the tremendous help and advice.

James West: Good luck on the house. I'll contact you sometime next week after the dust settles.

McMark: I don't know when I'm going to be ready but for sure you're the guy that is going to get my car for it's rustoration. Maybe you could send me a link to your website. I think you have one right?

Brad: Thanks for the B.F.N. transmission and the dent in my wallet! laugh.gif

wavey.gif
TravisNeff
www.crystaltech.com, windows based hosting -they have some pretty inexpensive plans and good support, well I work there so..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.