Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road Trip Emergency Contacts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
germaneighter
I hope this is the right place to list this.....

My daughter and I are flying to CA this Friday to purchase and drive home to Tulsa a '74 914 2.0. If all goes as expected we expect to be on the road no later than 5:00 PM Friday night.

Are there any members along I-40 that might offer to furnish a contact phone number in case we have any trouble on our way home? The following is our approximate schedule:

Needles, CA Friday PM 10:00

Flagstaff, AZ Saturday AM 1:30 sleep for 6 hours

Gallop, NM Saturday AM 11:00

Tucumcari, NM Saturday PM 4:00

Amarillo, TX Saturday PM 8:00 CST

Tulsa, OK Sunday AM 3:00

SirAndy
we have quite a few members along that route ...
i hope they will speak up!

btw. i can highly recommend the amarillo hooters for lunch/dinner. they've got great food!

i've been there twice ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Gint
We already have a complied list.

Emergency Contact List thread
phantom914
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 28 2005, 08:29 PM)
We already have a complied list.

Emergency Contact List thread

It might help if people can confirm that they will be around this weekend, especially ones not currently on the list. There seem to be restrictions regarding the use of the list and it seems too late for Dave to get it in time as well.

Andrew
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 28 2005, 11:20 PM)
we have quite a few members along that route ...
i hope they will speak up!

btw. i can highly recommend the amarillo hooters for lunch/dinner. they've got great food!

i've been there twice ...
beerchug.gif Andy

agree.gif

either that or stop and get the 72oz steak, where if you eat all of it it's free... biggrin.gif

aktion035.gif
SLITS
Greg Robbins compiled it. I'll look for my copy (it was in the glove box of one of the cars I owned) and if I find it, I can probably FAX you a copy.

Otherwise, you will have to wait for Greg to visit this post.
xitspd
QUOTE (germaneighter @ Sep 28 2005, 08:11 PM)
I hope this is the right place to list this.....

My daughter and I are flying to CA this Friday to purchase and drive home to Tulsa a '74 914 2.0. If all goes as expected we expect to be on the road no later than 5:00 PM Friday night.

Are there any members along I-40 that might offer to furnish a contact phone number in case we have any trouble on our way home? The following is our approximate schedule:

Needles, CA Friday PM 10:00

Flagstaff, AZ Saturday AM 1:30 sleep for 6 hours

Gallop, NM Saturday AM 11:00

Tucumcari, NM Saturday PM 4:00

Amarillo, TX Saturday PM 8:00 CST

Tulsa, OK Sunday AM 3:00

ohmy.gif Dan Callicott here! I am in the San Jacinto-Hemet-Valle Vista, California area. I am close to the Interstate 10 where it passes through Banning before you get to Palm Springs. Cell phone 951-634-8968. Have a good trip!
phantom914
After today, anybody can forward the information to me, since Dave has a morning flight out here and won't have access to a computer after tonight. Dave can contact me if needed and I could forward the information to him.

Andrew
SLITS
Sent you a PM.....need a FAX number.....yours or his

And the odessy begins................
TurtleGirl
Joe O'Brien and I are in the Albuquerque area, so we'd cover Gallup - Santa Rosa, I guess. Joe & Lauren are out of town this weekend, but I'll be around if you have trouble. My # is 505-259-9925. Give me a call if you need help!

Good luck!
Liz

PS, I'm not sure if Joe or I are on the Emergency Contact list or not. We should be!
SLITS
Joe in Albuqueeerque is on.....505-301-.... I'll pencil in the other number

Edit....List is in the hands of the seller of the teener waiting for your arrival.

Turtlegirl is the most important contact.....she has some delightful brews....make sure you "run out of gas" where she can get to you with the life saving liquids.

Downtown Tulsa there used to be a 9 seat restaurant owned by two women. Went to the market daily for fresh food. Sign outside said "Breakfast, Lunch & Cigarettes". Ahhh, the memories........
Gint
If you divert up near Denver (I doubt it from the sound of your plans), I'm on the list. We have a large network up here.

Safe travels! BTDT
Sammy
Try not to drive through Gallup at night, especially friday or saturday night.
The other people on the road are, well i'll just say some of them are dangerous. Not a comment on residents of that area in general, just speaking from years of experience. BTDT.
If you own a tow truck in that area, saturday and sunday mornings are the busiest times of the week pulling pick up trucks out of ditches.
gregrobbins
PS, I'm not sure if Joe or I are on the Emergency Contact list or not. We should be!

Joe is on the list. In fact, he is the only person to sign up in New Mexico.

If anyone wants to be added to the list, PM or email me with your city, state, phone numbers, and ways you can help.

"Ways" are: tools, experience working on 914, trailer, garage, beer, food, bed, shower, etc.
phantom914
Well. Dave and his daughter are on the road (it is 1:40 Pacific time). I think they will be in this area for a while so they can travel through the desert later in the day when it cools off a bit, but they will probably get to needles or possibly Flagstaff tonight before they stop.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.