Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a perfect day for a drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
double-a
so i finish work a bit early... the kids are at grandma's, wifey's at work, it's sunny and 75 degrees, and rain is coming next week. the 914 is in the garage, with a full tank. idea.gif

looks like a nice twisty drive to mount st. helens is in order.

coldwater creek observatory, 3000ft elevation. oil temp gauge showed 240 degrees on the way up ohmy.gif
user posted image

st. helens erupted on may 18, 1980; i was about six at the time. the blast of gases, rock and ash exceeded 700mph and snapped 400-year-old trees like twigs. here's one of the small ones.
user posted image

some trees were uprooted and tossed miles away.
user posted image

and here's the mountain viewed from johnston ridge observatory, at 4300ft elevation. she's currently building several new domes.
user posted image

and what twisty, mountain adventure would be complete without the requisite 914 pic? yes, it's still ugly and dented, i'm working on it...
user posted image

this is a fantastic drive; lots of turns, incredible scenery, and you can test your oil temp gauge's upper limits. wacko.gif highly recommended for local 914 guys and gals.

after all the nonsense on this forum recently, this drive was a good remider of why i own one of these little cars. driving.gif

~a
redshift
I wouldn't drive that close to an 8,364' tall smoking hole, that used to be 9,677'.

wink.gif

Miles
Hammy
I don't see any dents... I see a sexy 914. and Nice scenery ohmy.gif
double-a
QUOTE (Hammy @ Sep 28 2005, 10:54 PM)
I don't see any dents... I see a sexy 914. and Nice scenery  :o

right rear quarter. and the front left quarter is trashed real good. body/paint will happen this winter i think.

this scenery is good, but the drive up and back was the best. several bridges have been built over gullies, nice sweeping curves over expanses of green... good times.

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.