Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woohoo new 914 in DFW area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Jealousy is a terrible thing, my neighbor and good friend has been coveting my 914 for months.

He picked up a 74 2.0 beauty!! I am helping him drive it back to Dallas today/tomorrow. Will post pics upon my return. smilie_pokal.gif

wish us luck (we have AAA) wink.gif

Betty
(Darth Vader wheeze) Welcome to the Dark Side... the Force is strong with this one... (end Darth Vader wheeze).

Can't wait to meet the "New Guy"! So... give us all the details, where did he find the car, did you help him find it, what's the car's history, what shape is it in, what kind of parts do you need, etc., etc., etc.???

We need PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! biggrin.gif
DougC
Congrats to your friend! Good Luck with the trip, looking forward to seeing the car, I gotta get AAA myself smile.gif

Doug C
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif another one buys the jackstands... biggrin.gif gl and be safe...

if you guys need a hand, I'm not far down the road... beer.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Sep 29 2005, 06:56 AM)
Jealousy is a terrible thing, my neighbor and good friend has been coveting my 914 for months.

He picked up a 74 2.0 beauty!!  I am helping him drive it back to Dallas today/tomorrow.  Will post pics upon my return. smilie_pokal.gif

wish us luck (we have AAA) wink.gif

Tell him congratulations on picking a good neighbor and the right car...

and to start making plans for attending the TALIMENA 1 tour this spring! driving.gif

ClayPerrine
Yea... what my wife said.....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jr91472
Just got back. Pics coming soon.

74 2.0 Marathon Blue. Stock, stock, stock!! We picked it up in Albuquerque yesterday and car ran great. It will need some minor things (heater flapper box is didn't seem to work, window crank, etc). Really nothing major at all....even the weather seals are new. Definetly well cared for.

hopefully he will join the madness that is this club soon.

Betty, you should know that it was the pictures that you took of the a/x at MUSR 7 that ultimately did him in.....well done wink.gif

later beer.gif
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
turtleman
Nice car, I almost bought it. I attempted to get my friend who was fleeing Houston heading to Sante Fe to give me a lift from the Dallas Airport but his car was full with wife, stepson and junk (He left his two Porsches in Houston when Rita was heading that way). Otherwise that Blue Marathon would be in Connecticut now!!

I hope he enjoys it. The seller had stated that it was needing very little. Hope that was the case, so far I have not been so fortunate. 0 for 3 in my first three 914 purchases.

Chip

jr91472
ok, Mike brought the car over yesterday for a proper inspection. Structurally, this car is at least a 9 out of 10. The undercarraige looks new - no dents nothing.

Check out the brakes, gas lines, wheel bearings, etc. Needs one new CV gasket and one trunk hinge needs a little attention. Would probably benefit from a new accelerator cable. The Fuch's are in great shape, but are in need of a little polishing.

Other than that, just needs the piss driven out of it aktion035.gif

great car....sorry just one pic (we were busy beer3.gif )

tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif

looks great JR!!!

did you pop the rocker pannels off?
Betty
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Sep 30 2005, 08:24 PM)

Betty, you should know that it was the pictures that you took of the a/x at MUSR 7 that ultimately did him in.....well done wink.gif

I'm glad the pictures helped convert him!

Ah-hah... So the prospect of driving at speed intrigues your friend?!?!

The autocross school that PCA Maverick Region has every year is usually held in early March. It's really well run and I can think of at least 4-5 regular "professors" that are 914 people. It's absolutely the most "bang for the buck" you can get, driver-training wise! It might be something your friend would like to look into?
spare time toys
I dont see any jack stands in the photo and what the heck are you going to use a runner sled for in TX wacko.gif
jr91472
QUOTE (Betty @ Oct 3 2005, 06:41 AM)

The autocross school that PCA Maverick Region has every year is usually held in early March. It's really well run and I can think of at least 4-5 regular "professors" that are 914 people. It's absolutely the most "bang for the buck" you can get, driver-training wise! It might be something your friend would like to look into?

forget him, sign me up!!!! Do you have to be a PCA member? I have been looking for an excuse to become one.

oh and Larry, the sled is for the once in ten years ice storm. We actually got to use a few years back. We have a slight incline on our street. wink.gif That is the sled I used as a kid in Ark (lot of hills there.....hillbillies too biggrin.gif )
Betty
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Oct 3 2005, 03:54 PM)
forget him, sign me up!!!! Do you have to be a PCA member? I have been looking for an excuse to become one.

You don't have to be a PCA member but they do have dibs on the limited number of spaces. If there are any spaces left over, then non-members can have them.

Ladies autocross school on Saturday and open school on Sunday. No Porsche required. They've had students in cars like a MINI, Miata, Corvette, 350ZX. The one I especially liked to see out there... a club member's daughter (sporting her newly minted driver's license) driving her daily ride, a Saturn. She was there at her parent's insistence. Very hesitant at first, but her confidence level improved tremendously by the end of the day. Like I try to tell anybody... even if you decide that autocrossing isn't the sport for you, you just might learn some skills that could save your life on the road one day!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.