Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Thanks to everyone who showed concern
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
My dad passed away this past Sunday do to complications with his brief illness. He went without pain and I was with him in the end.

I like to thank all that showed concern and those who offered help when I was in Minnesota. They had flown him home via Lear jet so he was with his family.
He did regain consciousness and we were able to say our goodbyes and have closure.

Good-bye to my friend and father

Francis (Frank) V. Henry

February 14, 1924 - September 25, 2005
Root_Werks
Mark, I am so sorry man. I know exactly what you and your Dad went through. I think I said before that my father passed just last month on August 14th. I was the one who gave him the meds to deaden the pain his last few hours and was there when he took his last breath. It was hard and it still hard to look back or even think about it. He was such a strong man, to see him like that tore me appart.

But I wouldn't have traded anything to not have been there. Good on you for being there for your Pop's.

Always remember the good times and think about him every day. I do. smile.gif
Allan
Sorry to hear of your loss. sad.gif
JB 914
Mark,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My family will keep him in our prayers.
GaroldShaffer
I read this with a tear in my eye sad.gif My father passed 15yrs ago on Sept 14th I think about him every day.

I am so glad you were able to be with you father may he rest in peace.
Aaron Cox
Sorry to hear of your loss. sad.gif
tat2dphreak
sorry to hear this, our thoughts are with you and your family... sad.gif
Jeroen
Mark, I'm sorry to hear your dad passed away
But it's good to hear you were with him in his final moment
Hang in there...
seanery
Hang in there Mark. The next couple months will be tough. I was in a fog for 4 months and I'm just now coming out of it. I didn't comment on the thread earlier, it just hits too close to home. My dad's birthday was Tuesday and I was unable to make it to the cemetery and that really made me sad. Remember the good times, and the friend that he was. If you need to chat or anything let me know....I'm sure Root can, too. Sorry to hear about your loss, too, Dan. sad.gif
plas76targa
Mark,

As all the above have said, so sorry to hear of your loss. My mother passed away this past winter. I made sure I was there until the end. Something I never dreamed I would do but I just had to be there. Interestingly it was very peaceful. You and your family are im my prayers.
Katmanken
Mark,

Sorry to hear about your dad. Dads are very special people and I know you will miss him.

It was good that you were with him and got closure. Even so, it is a very trying time for you. My dad never regained consciousness but chose me to be the one to help him go. He waited until everybody else left before dying. While I was glad to be there, the actual event was pretty tough on me.

It will be a real struggle during the next few weeks. Hang in there and just get through it. Remember the good times and ask for help from friends and family. Do small things for yourself.

If you need to talk about it or some advice, I am available.

Ken

Jake Raby
Mark,
I was away and didn't know until I read this post.

Our prayers on this end go out to you, and if you need ANYTHING you know how to reach me.

I fear the day when I lose my dad. He has been battling big problems for years, but comes out on top everytime. I know that one day he won't and I don't even want to think about not having him any longer. I lost my Mom at age 14 and he and I have been inseparable since then, he made me grow up really quick and I would not be where I am today without him pushing me constantly.

The next few weeks I'm sure will be tough, lean on your friends here and we'll get you through it.
pete-stevers
Mark, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I know words of support and kindness, don't take the pain and loss away
but know that we are standing beside you accross the miles,
Steve and Sher
redshift
My condolences to your family, Mark.

I am glad to hear that he wasn't miserable. A full life, and a comfortable ending, it's the best I could hope for myself.

Bless you all.

Miles
balljoint
Mark,

Be strong.
TINCAN914
Mark,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
All the best to you and your family..
ThinAir
I missed earlier mentions of this until I saw this topic. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers for peace, comfort, and strength during this difficult time.
Qarl
Oh man, I know you've been battling with this for a while. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Here's to your Dad! beer.gif

Thinking of you and your family.

Regards,

Qarl
(Hunter's Dad)
Gint
I'm sorry Mark.

Cheers to your Dad. beer.gif
SpecialK
I'm glad to hear that you able to spend the last moments with you Father, and that his passing was peaceful. Time flies, and the moments we have together are precious......we all forget that until times like these.
brp914
Mark, I am so sorry man. I know exactly what you and your Dad went through. I think I said before that my father passed just last month on August 14th. I was the one who gave him the meds to deaden the pain his last few hours and was there when he took his last breath. It was hard and it still hard to look back or even think about it. He was such a strong man, to see him like that tore me appart.

Gawwd, my dad came out of bypass surgery a couple years ago - could not force myself into that room. Don't know who you are Mark. Somehow people recover and put it behind themselves. I guess its its one of those things that helps you appreciate life.
skline
Mark, it is a tragic loss to lose a parent, I lost my Mom in 2001 and my Father August 9th. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better about it. My condolences to you and your family and hopes that with time, the pain will ease. The loss of my Father is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. He was my best friend my whole life. All I can do now is remember all the great times we had together and continue doing things he would be proud of.
turtleman
I recently lost my Dad too. I have placed pictures of him and my family in the bathroom and kitchen and frequently take a glance at them. I feel quite lucky to have had such a fine father who has given me much great advice over the years.
I concentrate on those memerable moments we shared to bring that needed smile when I am missing him. I also frequently cherish remembering a few special things he did with me one-on-one.

Once I had been reprimanded for getting in a fight with my older sister. She had instigated the row which got outa hand and I clocked her. I was grounded from a special weekend that the family had planned going away to visit some Salt mines in Bavaria, Germany and skiing (Dad, Army veteran, was stationed in Heidleberg, Germany at the time). Dad was required to stay back for work and could not go on the trip so my mother had insisted I stay back with him as punishment for the blow I sent my sister's way. My father had felt that I was totally wrong doing what I had done but the punishment a little overkill consideing that my sister had initiated the row. Anyway, Dad snuck me off to another ski resort where we skied together for two days, had supper in a restaurant all by ourselves and than rushed back home before the Mother and the others got back. I was sworn never to mention a word to my mother as Dad would have been 'up the creek with no paddle'. I never shared that story with my mother and have always cherished that special weekend with Dad. So you Dad's take note!!! Try to do something special like that with your kids. Those are the things that help make these times easier to cope with.

I wish you the best in being able to recall all similar memories you have had with your Dad. Bless him.

Chip
Mark Henry
Thanks everyone.

We plan to have a small service Thursday.

We are planing to bury his ashes under a nice blue spruce...He loved trees and has planted hundreds on his different propeties over the years. We used to kid him about it all the time, calling him the tree man. We think he would have seen it a fitting resting place.

He had a pretty good life, I will remember the good times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.