Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2006 in PDX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
We are officially "locked in" at the Monarch Motor Hotel for July 7,8,9.2006. I have 50 rooms reserved at this time. After looking at the head count we may need 75 or more.
We have a suite and two adjoining rooms for registration and a gathering place for everyone.
We will have designated spaces for the cars to be parked and we will have car washing facilities also available.

The protected forum has disappeared for WCC 2006?? Or am I just not seeing it?
Craig C. Laughlin
bondo
Sweet! What are the rates? What's the "code word" for the rate? What's the hotel info? Do they have free wireless internet? biggrin.gif
lagunero
driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 29 2005, 09:42 AM)

914World.com ->The 914 Forums ->Future Events Forum ->2006 West Coast Classic

Still in the same place.
markb
Woo Hoo! mueba.gif I can't wait. boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
Cool! Michelle and I missed this years, but not 2006! driving.gif
ThinAir
driving.gif When do we leave? I'm ready to go!
jsteele22

So I searched "Monarch Motor Hotel" and came up w/ Portland, OR. Is that the place ? Any info on itineraries ?

Just planning ahead....

neo914-6
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 29 2005, 08:42 AM)
We are officially "locked in" at the Monarch Motor Hotel for July 7,8,9.2006. I have 50 rooms reserved at this time. After looking at the head count we may need 75 or more.
We have a suite and two adjoining rooms for registration and a gathering place for everyone.
We will have designated spaces for the cars to be parked and we will have car washing facilities also available.

Craig C. Laughlin

If there is a club discount, when can we reserve a room?
drgchapman
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Let me know what I can do to help from here, Craig.

Gary
J P Stein
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Sep 29 2005, 12:59 PM)
Any info on itineraries ?

Mine is pretty simple: Blow all youz guy off at AX then sit around & gloat laugh.gif
drgchapman
JP, I thought you'd be back at work by now? confused24.gif

Are you working on your car?

J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Sep 29 2005, 02:11 PM)
JP, I thought you'd be back at work by now? confused24.gif

Are you working on your car?

I guess I'll go in Monday....sigh. The vote was 80% fer.

What's to work on? It runs, drives, everything works (what little is there) and it don't break. I could check the air pressure in the tiars, I guess biggrin.gif

When are you gonna get a race car? They'll be dirt cheep in a month or 2. Look in the back of the national SCCA rag. They'll be a pee pot fulla them.
Trekkor
Exciting boldblue.gif

Making an effort to be there.

KT
Brando
Craig... Any word on 914 rentals for those of us who might be flying up?
Dr. Roger
Caravans already being arranged???
jimtab
OK, so I have my room reservations and all but I still haven't "signed up" to be part of the WCC06. When will that stuff take place. And, if you're going to have a raffle or whatever to raise money and you need donations of tools or whatever...I need to know sooner rather than later so I can put the arm on my suppliers. Thanks....Jim
jim_hoyland
I'd like to hook up with a rental or share one; flying up the 6th.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 29 2005, 08:42 AM)

Craig C. Laughlin

Just posted in there. It's still there boss.
boxstr
Jim This may answer your questions about where to send items for the WCC 06.
Thank you.
Craig

Dear 914 Vendor,
In a few months, 914world.com will gather in Portland Oregon for the 2006 West Coast Classic. We'll have the opportunity to enjoy some good times, ogle many beautiful cars, network with the gurus, learn and (perhaps best of all) drive!

There is one event at the 06 WCC that we hope demonstrates how our club is different from many other car clubs out there. The generosity of 914world.com members is well known. Time and again members of 914world.com have offered assistance to another club member in a time of need, and we're asking for your help again.

As a part of this year's WCC festivities, a silent auction will be held to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. We are asking parts vendors from the 914 community to step forward in generosity and make a donation of parts to be auctioned off. All proceeds from the auction will directly benefit the Ronald McDonald House, which you can read more about here.

If you wish to participate, please respond to this message indicating what you are willing to contribute. Donations should then be sent to the address below as soon as possible (to be received no later than the end of May). You will receive a receipt listing your donated items and their value, to be used for your tax purposes.

We hope that you will carefully consider this wonderful opportunity to help brighten the lives of children and their families by supporting the Ronald McDonald House. Thank you,

Aaron Gillihan
06 WCC silent auction coordinator

Please ship donations to:
Aaron Gillihan
1205 NW 75th Circle
Vancouver, WA 98665

jimtab
Well, that answers one of the questions, but I'm not a vendor or a parts guy, I'm a buyer at a hardware store and I should be able to get a few things for the auction, however it may be later than May before I can wring it all out of them. So, is there going to be a registration for this? Will we get nametags, etc. or are you taking the not-a-club thing seriously..... biggrin.gif
boxstr
Jim You don't have to be a Vendor or Parts guy If you have soemthing to contribute please feel free to do so.
Yes we will have registration and agenda coming up. Yes you will get name tags,goodies bags etc.
Craig
jimtab
Roger Wilcocks....over and out. Gotcha.
McMark
YAY! JIM!! smilie_pokal.gif

I love my cordless drill you donated last year.
kevine
Is there an agenda available for the WCC 2006 (I am a newbie)? Thanks.

Kevine
boxstr
Kevin Yes, there is an agenda. I am waiting for Jim Chambers to finalize the registration and at the same time we will post the agenda.
We will gather at the Monarch hotel, Friday July7th to Sunday July 9th. We will make a run up to Mt Hood for snow time and photo ops. The down to Fairview McMenanmins for more fun. Back to the Monarch for a dinner and awards. Then Sunday out to PIR for vintage car races,autocross,looking at cars(914) and meeting the people that you converse with here. Plus more.
Craig
markb
Hi Gang, I decided I'm going to make the WCC '06 in spite of the ex. Made reservations for July 7th thru 9th. I got a room with 2 queen beds, so if someone wants to split a room, let me know. This is gonna be so cool! clap56.gif
boxstr
Mark Maybe you should be looking for another Queen to share the other bed laugh.gif Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Craig
markb
I tried really hard to phrase that so as to minimize the comments. Looks like it didn't work. biggrin.gif
Rocky
Thanks for all your help Craig. Ive got my room and can't wait! clap56.gif aktion035.gif
I can feel the sunshine through my T-Top.

Tim
URY914
I have tenative approval to go!!!

Wife, kid and Me. Sorry no car. sad.gif

I can't believe it!!

Paul
bondo
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 22 2006, 04:49 PM)
I have tenative approval to go!!!

Wife, kid and Me. Sorry no car. sad.gif

I can't believe it!!

Paul

At least bring the sides and some suspenders.. smile.gif
URY914
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 22 2006, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 22 2006, 04:49 PM)
I have  tenative approval to go!!!

Wife, kid and Me. Sorry no car.  :(

I can't believe it!!

Paul

At least bring the sides and some suspenders.. smile.gif

I'll put it in a box and UPS it out there. biggrin.gif
bondo
I can't seem to find a fairview mcmenamins.. do you mean the gresham one?
Air_Cooled_Nut
Try this link to find the locations:
http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?region=0
Air_Cooled_Nut
Edgefield/Black Rabbit (same location) is a nice place. Fine scotch and whiskey, cigars, and a pitch-n-put golf course with plenty of wild rabbits abound beerchug.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I looked at the Events calendar and the upcoming events and I don't see any obvious links to an actual schedual...am I oblivious because of the large quantities of cough syrup I've been living on lately or is there really not a squishy-to-firm plan? Day, location, time (maybe), event? It'd be nice to have a web location that just had the facts, not embeded within a posting, because of all the "noise" that's normally generated in these threads.
boxstr
I have posted an agenda of the events but not sure where it went. We will send out a scheulde with each confirmed regisration.
Craig
914werke
What about the Track Fees? blink.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Mar 23 2006, 02:08 PM)
What about the Track Fees? blink.gif

hey, that is my joke!
trackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfee
strackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfe
estrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfeestrackfees
jimtab
Wahoo....were under 100!!! smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
REGISRATION will be up soon. Password for the forum is not needed to register. Please feel free to ask me questions I will try to answer all .
Craig
GWN7
Mabey post a link in your sig to the registration........for those that can't find it.....like me......... wink.gif
boxstr
REGISRATION IS NOT UP YET. It will be coming soon.
Craig
914werke
Is the motel booked solid yet?
boxstr
I will check today.
Craig
Mike D.
Just want to make sure this is the correct hotel...

Monarch Hotel and Conf. Ctr.

What ever happend to that registration? Or am I just an Idiot and can't find it...Don't answer that. dry.gif

Rand
Your link didn't work for me, but I think this one is correct:

The Monarch Hotel & Conference Center, Clackamas
VegasRacer
This new BBS format made me lose my cookies. barf.gif
I mean the computer cookie for the planning forums. Will some kind person (or even an evil Admin) please send me the password again. (no I did not write it down) Same goes for the passwords for the R66C and RRC planning threads.

Edit: Got 'em. Thanks guys. rocking nana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.