Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Bullitt on the big screen!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I just read about this in our local weekly paper.. They have a classic movie night on tuesdays, and this upcoming tuesday is Bullitt! I've heard many times how impressive that chase scene is in the theater.. I can't wait!!!

Admission is $7.50 and it starts at 7PM. Be there or your car will lose all 6 hubcaps!
bondo
icon_bump.gif

Best movie car chase of all time!

markb
I'm doing my best to talk Marcie into going, but if not, I'll be there!! Woo Hoo! smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
icon_bump.gif

It's tonight!!!

mueba.gif driving.gif burnout.gif
blitZ
Besides the fantastic chase, this movie if full of classic cars. We usually make a game out of who can spot and name the most.
markb
Good movie! I met up with bondo & his better half in SLO to watch the movie. I never realized the Dodge had 6 (count 'em, 6!) hubcaps to lose. Hmmmm. biggrin.gif At the beginning of the chase scene, they keep passing the same green VW bug. Musta been a really quick little car to keep getting in front of them. I caught sight of a red 356 behind the Dodge as it's parking to stake out the Mustang. Other than that (and of course Bullitt's lady's yellow 356 cab), no other Porsches. It was nice to see the movie uncut & on the big screen. clap.gif
bondo
Yup, lots of cool cars in that movie. I just wish the rest of the movie moved a bit faster. It was way worth it though, and they showed a Bugs Bunny cartoon before the movie. How cool is that? smile.gif

user posted image
Cap'n Krusty
Few people realize that the driver of the dodge, Bill Hickman, was driving the station wagon towing the race car trailer, following James Dean on the day of the fatal accident. He and Dean were good friends. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.