Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Calendar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
soooo, shannon brought up the idea tonight to make a 914 calendar.
obviously, we would need a few more female volunteers (Jenny?) ...
my friend Karima is a professional photographer (portfolio can be seen here) and she would be willing to do the photo shoots for free.

anyone interested in such a thing?
Andy
Brad Roberts
Um Andy.. some people might not "like" that link to her pictures.

Pregnant naked women ??

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 7 2003, 12:17 AM)
Um Andy.. some people might not "like" that link to her pictures.

Pregnant naked women ??

some people don't like hairy asses either. and we had a bunch of links to those before.
skip the pregnant girls if you don't like em. point is, she's a pretty damm good photographer ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
It wasnt a matter of "skipping" that part.. I wanted to know what kind of work she did.

Oh.. some of the models need to shave... this is year 2003... not 1979...LOL

B
Alfred
Get her to take a picture of a shiny new Type IV longblock. I'll buy a poster of one of those. Oh, and hire Alex to pose for the calendar ... she is (or was) a Foster's Formula one girl so she's been around mid-engined cars.

Alfred

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 7 2003, 12:27 AM)
.. some of the models need to shave... this is year 2003... not 1979...LOL

i actually know most of the models (hehe). i used to live at karimas studio for about 5 month after my 1st wife and i had split up. it was a lot of fun to wake up in the morning just to see some gorgeous girls getting ready for a photo-shoot. i could still get half of them to show up for a party ...

Andy
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 6 2003, 11:15 PM)
anyone interested in such a thing?
she's a pretty damm good photographer ...

Exceptionally nice work. clap56.gif

If we have an opportunity to have some one with this high quality of talent volunteer to shoot a calendar for us for free,
I sincerely hope we will be able to make it a reality. pray.gif
Is there anything I can do from Vegas to help make it happen? smash.gif
GWN7
I like the "Betty Page" type ones.... smilie_pokal.gif

I'd be interested.

Can we have a month like the Hooters calender and call it "Iowa"?
Curvie Roadlover
Are you thinking of something like "The girls of 914s" calendar? Cuz, I think there wouldn't be enough of them to do a calendar.
Curvie Roadlover
Or just sexy pics of 914s?
URY914
Tied up, pregnant, tatooed women in 914s.

Big market for that.
I say do it.
I'll sell them at my church.

Paul
Curvie Roadlover
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Hilarious, Paul
EdwardBlume
100% IMO

I think a calendar of this nature would definately elevate the interest of the male 16-45 category!

Would I pay $20 bucks for one? Maybe, but I'd get paid a shot to the back of my head if its too far on the "tool girl" side. Although it would be ironic for a bondage model to be sqeezed underneath a 914 trying to hook up the gear shift linkage, or disconnecting a dashboard. laugh.gif

The reality is that there are plenty of 914 owners out there. You might get a larger distribution channel if its tastefully done. You can decide for yourself if the cost is worth the risk.

It may seem sterile, but w/o the chicks it would be a definate buy for me. I'd enjoy being reminded monthly of the heights that various 914 owners have built up their cars, and would proudly display it at work and home.

Maybe chicks sprawled across 914s could be a bonus feature. Even if they're wearing clothes, it changes the focus of the picture and I think, limits your market potential.

I appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit though, keep it up!
boxstr
Screw the calenders, just go back to the naked avatars.
CCLINNAKEDHELL
SirAndy
actually, we weren't thinking naked girls, just pretty girls in pretty outfits with pretty 914s ...

maybe i have her do a few test-shots and post them here ...
Andy
Mueller
I like the calander idea, but we don't need any women in it, I want something I can hang on my wall at work without HR giving me a bad time smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 7 2003, 09:19 AM)
I like the calander idea, but we don't need any women in it, I want something I can hang on my wall at work without HR giving me a bad time smile.gif

ok, so we'll make two versions.

one without girls for office use
and one with girls for the top drawer of your tool-box ...

Andy
Joe Bob
Hmmm, naked grease stained wimmen bending over a 914 engine bay.....nah...... pray.gif
Mueller
That would work for me...I've never been a big fan of hanging pictures of women on my walls...a few months ago, I went to trade show and a few of the Raideretts had been signing posters...the beautiful asian one (the other was some skanky blonde icon8.gif )asked if I wanted a signed poster? I told her "NO, what the hell am I going to do with it?"

smile.gif

I think if you do have poster, it should have 914's from all over the world (within reason of course, LOL)

A little write up with a few facts or specs would be nice as well.
Jeroen
I vote for Bobbi Billard as our calendar girl boldblue.gif
(no, there's no nudity on that website)

Hey Andy, great photografer!
(as her for some lessons on shooting focussed pics biggrin.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
We could totally do a 914 "CAR" calender.

Hot VW's used to do this back in the day. They would shoot: finished cars/in process cars/rust heaps/wrecks... blah blah...

This would be pretty easy. The problem is.. we would need for her to travel.

MikeM.. you have 5 people in your office and 3 of them are guy's ?? who cares ??

I like the idea.. but i dont have time to help..

Sooner or later I would like to have T-shirts.

B
Mueller
after seeing "Bobbi" I change my mind pray.gif

we do have customers walk thru once a while....
I guess I should be more worried about the beer in my office than a calender smile.gif
Alfred
T-shirts are simple if you have a logo in jpeg format. For example, I could go here and just click on "Order Prints and Gifts" and follow the instructions to buy a T-shirt with the image I've uploaded.

Alfred
seanery
We're a little more picky about the shirts and crap. Gotta be A #1 good stuff. The hats are gonna kick ass.
Alfred
Well, la de da! Maybe not everyone can afford them high-filutin', expensive T-shirts. lol2.gif J/K.
seanery
those are created with an inkjet process, which I use from time to time.
They are ok for prototypes and testing, but they don't last. the colors fade and the
whites turn yellow over time.

Screen Printing is the correct method for quality shirts and gear.
Alfred
Ok, I don't know beans about printing T-shirts. So, I guess you wouldn't be too impressed with the Hanes T-ShirtMaker then either?

Alfred
Scott Carlberg
I like the idea of the 914 calendar, just pics of the cars though.

There is a co here in modesto, John Turner Inc, they make calendars,
among other things.
Though how interested they'd be in doing so few of them, I'd imagine not sad.gif

Wouldn't hurt to ask them I guess.
seanery
getting them printed shouldn't be a big deal.

I can do the prepress stuff.
Andyrew
I like the idea of a calendar.. and if it was with girls in it, it would have to be modest for me to buy one.

What you could do is have an all 914 calendar, and a 914/girls calendar.

Just my thoughts..
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 7 2003, 04:52 PM)
I like the idea of a calendar.. and if it was with girls in it, it would have to be modest for me to buy one.

Umm,
what exactly does a 16yr kid know about girls anyway? unsure.gif
Jenny
Hey! I can be modest. Really.

Jen
GWN7
Posible calendar months:

A month with both of Jennys cars (the broken one and the new one) and Jenny.

Another one of Dave Darlings mythical 914.

Mike Muller driving his.

One of the crashed one in Florida. (bridge jumper)

Brad wrenching on a Yugo.

smile.gif
Andyrew
what exactly does a 16yr kid know about girls anyway?  

Uhh, they know alot.. speeking that a 16 yr old is a junior in high school... not a 3rd grader in elementery school worrying about cooties wink.gif .

Seriously why do you ask? Have I not shown my maturity on this web board?
Jeroen
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 8 2003, 10:40 AM)
Seriously why do you ask? Have I not shown my maturity on this web board?

Yes sir, you have
More than most of us anyway biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 8 2003, 08:08 AM)
Hey! I can be modest. Really.

Modest? Hmmm... maybe so
But the big question is: will you let yourself get tied up and photographed?
biggrin.gif
(just kidding!!!)

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.