Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: on national goe channel now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
showing the ernhart crash and talking about the forces and injuries from other crashes. catch the rerun
tat2dphreak
poor taste moment:
a moment of silence for Dale... the greatest nascar driver to hit a wall @ 200mph cool_shades.gif

I guess all those years of left turns made hit want to turn right, just once...

ok, I'm better now... still not right, but better

I'll catch the reruns with tivo, thanks for the tip! ...

beer.gif
URY914
I saw it last night. Very good show. Senna, Zenardi, Noonhan and Earnhart were reviewed in depth.

Senna's car bottomed out, went off track, hit the wall and his tire hit him in the head.

Earnhart hit the wall between 120-150mph I think. He was a dumbass, his belts were installed wrong, his seat was wrong and he didn't wear a HANS device. He has been quoted as calling the HANS device "A noose".
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (URY914 @ Sep 30 2005, 09:34 AM)
I saw it last night. Very good show. Senna, Zenardi, Noonhan and Earnhart were reviewed in depth.

Senna's car bottomed out, went off track, hit the wall and his tire hit him in the head.

Earnhart hit the wall between 120-150mph I think. He was a dumbass, his belts were installed wrong, his seat was wrong and he didn't wear a HANS device. He has been quoted as calling the HANS device "A noose".

yea, I remember that from when it happened... I guess I lost a lot of sympathy after all of that came out... and the way people acted... there were people I knew that HATED nascar before the wreck, but acted like they lost a family member after that...

it was a sad event, but myself, not being a nascar fan, I don't care how it affected the sport, etc... I have less sympathy for a person who chooses to race with out proper equipment, than the average person on the street that dies in a tragic accident...
URY914
I was never a big DE fan, but when it came out that he contributed to his death by being stupid. Well, what can you say about the guy.
redshift
Retards in left turns.

Corruption like you wouldn't believe.

Booooooring oval commercial for brands I refuse.

M
messix
it wasn't just his belts or seat that was wrong [DE] two other drivers died from the same type of impact [Adam Petty]. but yes i agree that people that do not wear they're belts properly are D/A's.

lets not hyjack this thread into a whats better follow the leader on left turns only with 15-20 lead changes or follow the leader left right left right following one team that wins 90% of the races and and 80 % of the passing comes on the start launch of the race.
messix
QUOTE (redshift @ Sep 30 2005, 07:55 AM)
Retards in left turns.

Corruption like you wouldn't believe.

Booooooring oval commercial for brands I refuse.

M

no coruption in F1?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.