Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New SEMA entry requirements making it hard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
GENERAL INFORMATION

AAPEX and the SEMA Show are trade events and only qualified members of the automotive aftermarket industry are permitted to attend.
Early Registration fee: $15 (U.S.). Registration must be received by October 7 to receive the early registration discount. After October 7, registration is only available onsite. Approved registrations received by October 7 will receive badges in the mail. Badge mailing begins in September.
At the Show, the standard registration fee is $50 (U.S.). If you do not receive your badge in advance, you may pick it up at the “Will Call” counter at either the Sands Expo Center or the Las Vegas Convention Center only.
Infants or individuals under the age of 16 will not be admitted. Sorry, childcare will not be available on the premises.
All registrations are subject to review and approval by Show Management. Confirmation letters will be sent via email once registration has been approved.

Two (2) forms of approved professional identification may be required to complete your registration. The two (2) forms of qualifying identification include: one (1) form of business identification and one (1) form of personal identification as listed below:
Proof of Business (one of the following):

Tax registration certificate or Business Registration (automotive related companies only)
Business License or EIN#
Proof of Personal Identification may include (one of the following):
Two recent paycheck stubs from an automotive related company (must list company, address, and your name)
Business cards (must list the address of the automotive company and include your job title)
Health Insurance Card (must list automotive company name and your name)
Business Photo ID (must list automotive company name and your picture and name)
W-4 Form
Once approved, your AAIW Registration badge will allow you to enter AAPEX, SEMA, and NACE Shows.
McMark
I can get in. tongue.gif
Brando
I have photoshop and access to some very big industrial printers.

Who wants to be in a professional aftermarket car part company?! biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Brando,

Read the requirements, it takes more than a card...

Mark,

Are you going? I was thinking of a gtg for club members...
McMark
It's all about the $. That's a load of cash for something that's basically just for fun. If I have a reason to be there, I'll be more motivated. wink.gif
neo914-6
Are you talking about $ for entertainment or accomodations? cool.gif

My parents have a place in Henderson and I'm sure there are people driving from the Bay Area. I will if I don't fly. Register before the 7th and it's only $15. All tax deductible for you...

If you are serious about custom car building, this is the mecca.

And yes we WILL definitely have a reason next year!
McMark
$15 entry fee, shared gas $, cheap accommodations... idea.gif Hmmm. That might be okay.
Qarl
Like most professional trade shows, you have to be in the industry to get access.

Not just anyone from the street can get into the medical tradeshows I attend. (Not that anyone would want to)

The reason for the requirements is that there are lots of "car guys" out there that just want to look at all of the cool car stuff. The people at the shows are there to make deals, sell, and get contracts.

Gawkers aren't beneficial to the exhibitors.
BMartin914
I was under the impression that SEMA had always been that way. You had to be a business owner or related to the industry somehow to get in.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Qarl @ Sep 30 2005, 06:26 PM)
Like most professional trade shows, you have to be in the industry to get access.

Not just anyone from the street can get into the medical tradeshows I attend. (Not that anyone would want to)

The reason for the requirements is that there are lots of "car guys" out there that just want to look at all of the cool car stuff. The people at the shows are there to make deals, sell, and get contracts.

Gawkers aren't beneficial to the exhibitors.

Qarl,

I graduated from a top transportation design school, was in the industry, and plan to return. Mark is building a business that caters to this industry. WE are not merely gawkers. biggrin.gif The neo914-6 will completed for next years SEMA to renew a 30 year old design that could be marketable, help some people showcase their work or products, and boost interest in the 914.

You can attend Semiconductor equipment tradeshows without too much scrutiny but capital equipment isn't a universally attractive product like the automobile. I don't believe there should be a restriction for enthusiasts, investors, or potential businesses. It's like having a concert without fans. SEMA ought to have an "enterprener" day. Last year I saw SEMA people coaching non-biz people how to get past the registration cops...
jasons
I work in the gaming industry (slot machines) and when we have our annual vegas convention, we spend like 1/3 of our marketing budget over the course of that week. Our booth gets so clogged with people you can't even move, and our booth is one of the top 5 in size.

Its a huge investment to have any booth at those shows. From an exhibitors point of view they need their resources (salespersons) talking to the people who are buyers. Everyone else is a waste of time, unless they are a journalist.

When I go, its either to support a game I worked on, troll for new ideas, or both.

Nonetheless, I would love to go to SEMA. The booth babes must be phenomenal for that one. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.