Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy correct paint tag??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChicagoPete
Need to buy the correct badge for my 914/6. The one that I just removed from the car for replacement has "Made in Western Germany" written across the top. Everything that I have found looks like this. Anyone know of a source for the one matching my 914/6? I already checked Tweeks and Stoddard...they both have the wrong one as in the picture? Thanks
ChicagoPete
The badge I am looking for should look like this...but can't find one???
ArtechnikA
izzat signal orange? (14 is Signal Orange...)

if it were Canary Yellow, (29) you could have my coachbuilder plate for $8500 but you'd have to take the whole car...

if they're not available through dealer channels (Stoddard...) they may truly be NLA.
the coachbuilder badge does not show up in the standard parts list because it is not a normal replacement item ...
goose2
I'll bet a good silkscreener could make you one
ClayPerrine
if you find one, Let us know. I would like to buy one too.

Gustl
due to the fact that it says "Made in Western Germany" I'll transfer this inquiry to a big german forum
maybe these guys know a source in germany?

lapuwali
I was also thinking a silkscreened part could be made up pretty easily (and sold, too). However, the new part picture you show has slightly raised letters and a raised border. I don't have my cars here, so I can't say if that's OEM for my tags or not. Looks very nice.
ChicagoPete
Well, as I continued to search...I figured I would try AutoAtlanta. Talked to George and he said he had plenty of these. I asked specifically if the said "Made in West Germany" and he said yes...so...I will let you guys know when I see it if it is right.
Matt Meyer
I contacted a guy on this board from Gresham Oregon a couple of years ago about a keychain that looks exactly like the Karmann tag. His company was Resto.... . Anyone remember more?

I thought it was illeagle to replace this. On a 4 this tag has the serial number also. Or is that just the
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Matt Meyer @ Sep 30 2005, 04:02 PM)
...I thought it was illeagle to replace this. On a 4 this tag has the serial number also....

it is illegal to reproduce the DOT tag on the driver's door jamb.

on a /6 the Karmann tag has only the paint code, since the body and paint are the extent of Karmann involvement with a /6.
Matt Meyer
Ok the foil tag only then. I didn't finish the last question.

A member of this board was selling them. They might have had a spot for the serial number though.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Matt Meyer @ Sep 30 2005, 04:27 PM)
A member of this board was selling them. They might have had a spot for the serial number though.

a pictured in this thread, there is a place for the VIN/serial on the /6 coachbuilder's badge - but it is blank.

there is (typically...) a body serial number stamped into the rear trunk floor, but there is only a loose correlation between that body number and the Porsche-assigned VIN.
Matt Meyer
Try http://www.route30classics.com/keyfobs.htm

T H O M A S
german ebay
ebay.de item #4579145630
ChicagoPete
Well, after George at AutoAtlanta told me he had 200 of these pieces...I got the phone call today telling me they were not right! At least they called instead of just sending it. I just bought the one on eBay ...Thanks for the link 914racer Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.