Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much to have an electrician run a 220 plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
I intend to buy a Millermatic 175 Mig welder in a couple of weeks through Indiana Oxygen....was curious though, what are the costs for having an electrician run a 220 plug to the garage for instance? I didnt really even think about it, until I realized the welder I want is a 220v...
skline
Ask Joe Buckle, he had one ran in his garage recently. I just had Grandpa come over and run it for me a few years back when I moved in here.
TROJANMAN
where's the OT policeman when you need him ?

there's no OT on your post young man.

lol2.gif
Twystd1
Whas up Jay,

If ya already have 220 in the garage for an electric dryer. And ya aint using the circuit...

I will come up and do it for nuttin.

You supply parts and all the snapple I can drink..

Thats my deal and I'm sticking to it.

If the run is from the pannel to the garage... I might NOT have enough time to do it...

Mail me when you get back.. I will come up and take a look and we will figure it out..

I'll bring Aaron for immoral support... wacko.gif

Twystd1
Tom Perso
The hardest part is physically running the wire. Maybe you could do that before whomever comes over to hook it up?

Leave plenty at the box end and drop enough off at your recepticle.

That should help out with free help, or help keep the hired labor cheaper.

Tom
Twystd1
Hell Tom... I'm so cheap I will run it all my own self.

Hopefully it's in a place where cosmetics aren't a big deal and I can run it in EMT... way easier than opening rock and running romex, then taping, texturing and painting... I will see what he has when he gets back... (garage?)

I probably have everything he needs in my storage anyway. Cept the EMT.

Course I hope he bought a single phase welder and not a 3 Phase... cause he ain't got 3 phase at home.....

Twystd1
sj914
If he's goin with a miller 175, then it's single phase. I got one and made a really big extension cord from my laundry room.
JB 914
I had them drop a 100amp panel in my garage since i had 1 daisy chained outlet that would flip the breaker if i tried to run anything stronger than a radio!!

Sounds like alot more than you need.

Like Clayton said if you have a 220 in the Garage for the dryer you could probably use that. otherwise you need to run some wire.

I can give you the guys name, but, he's in Orange County and probably won't take a side job that far away.

When you coming back Jay-man? We need to have another BBQ.

beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
BBQ? chowtime.gif

he told me a month or two...
but ill let him add that here smilie_pokal.gif flag.gif
Flat VW
It is not the parts, it is not the labor, it's the travel to Tikrit that is gonna run up the cost.

John w00t.gif
tat2dphreak
my buddy just did this one afternoon... it's really not that bad... while he was in there he put in a new breaker box since his house was old and used a weird type of breaker... and it still only took a 1/2 day...
DrifterJay
hmm...thanx guys for the offers on help, only problem right now is that the washer/dryer is deep into my father's house....This has made me start to rethink my interest in a 220 welder....not sure anymore...But anyways, yeah guys coming home next month...end of Nov..supposed to get most of Dec off and beginning of January off, so I am definately pumped for some of your awesome food Joe! Hopefully next time I wont be sooo fashionably late...lol... biggrin.gif

-Jared
JB 914
QUOTE (DrifterJay @ Oct 1 2005, 03:24 PM)
Hopefully next time I wont be sooo fashionably late...lol...  :D

-Jared

yea, where were you that day idea.gif Some pre-Iraqi exercise program if i recall. lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.