Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matching L80E Paint code
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsha916
I would like to repaint a couple interior sections of the car and have it look close to original. Where do you get good quality paint and what prep is necessary?? huh.gif
Thanks
Bill
McMark
Find an automotive paint place near you. Take your car (or a painted piece of it) and your paint code. Ask them to look up the code or take a digital sample off the car. Clean the area to be painted of oil, old adhesive, etc. Sand the area to be painted with 320 grit. Mask off the areas you don't want painted. Be very thorough. I'm not talking about a 1 foot border. I'm talking mask off the whole interior except for the area to be painted. You can either get a touch up paint gun to spray the paint, or you might be able to get it in an aerosol can. Let it dry a day or two to be sure.
Tobra
Paintscratch

Someone suggested this site to me, look under the correct year under VW for your code. You may get a local auto paint shop to mix it up for you and put it in a rattle can too, as suggested above. Light Ivory, guess that is your '73
gregrobbins
Tower Paint

Click Here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.