Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D/E at Infineon ( Sears Point ) Oct 7th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
next friday will be the day I get to drive the track closest to home and the one I go to most often and only dream.

But, now, I'll get my chance to run Sears at speed.

My recent car prep was for this event really, not just the a/x on the 1st, which will end up being a great shake down, boldblue.gif

Anybody else going out with trackmasters?

KT
ChicagoPete
I did a 3 day Jim Russell School at Sears Point...what a fantastic track to run! Your first lap out is amazing with all of the elevation changes. It is incredibly fun.
Trekkor
The car is all ready.

Just bled the brakes, torqued the wheel bolts and gave it a once over.

I'll put it on the trailer in a few minutes.

5:45 am can't come soon enough mueba.gif

KT
McMark
I'll probably drive the teener over in the morning and see what's up. It'll build my confidence in my car. Do you have a timeline? I don't want to come and not see you on the track.
sixnotfour
I did a 3 day Jim Russell School at Sears Point...what a fantastic track to run! Your first lap out is amazing with all of the elevation changes. It is incredibly fun.

Me too that track is awesome. Have Fun Trekkor smilie_pokal.gif
olav
QUOTE (ChicagoPete @ Oct 1 2005, 03:50 AM)

agree.gif

I did that too. I had a blast and loved it! The instructors were all pretty excited about having a 914-6 out there for some reason even though there were a bunch on new Porsches there too.

Trekkor
Time line:

6:15 gates open
6:45 registration
7:20 driver's meeting
8:15 first group out

There will be four groups running all day.
Anywhere from 20-30 each session.

So, I'll be on track every 60-90 minutes... driving.gif

They will give us the schedule in the morning.

KT
McMark
If you have a free moment, please give me a quick call and let me know when one of your sessions is. wink.gif
Trekkor
Will do phone.gif

KT
drew365
Time Line:

6:15 - Gates Open
6:15.1 - Trekkor rolls through the gate

You're like a kid on Christmas morning. Good luck, keep your nose clean.
Trekkor
6:15.1 - Trekkor rolls through the gate

Ayup boldblue.gif

I'm trying to get tired unsure.gif

KT
Demick
Be careful. Sears is not very forgiving. There's usually a wall or a hill involved in an off-track excursion. Also, coming down the back side, you have to commit to a speed through the S's that you can't back out of. And you can easily commit to too high of a speed. So work your speed up slowly through that section. It's an awesome track. Have fun!

Demick
Trekkor
WOWEEE!

not i'm really hooked dry.gif

that track is impressive!

I did well, car performed flawlessly, Kumho 710's at 37psi stuck great. Oil temps: never got over 210°

I'm beat, time for nachos and coldies. beer3.gif

KT
McMark
Mmmm nachos.

Trekkor pulling into his parking spot. I arrived just in time to see him finsh this run session.
McMark
Trekkor and Albert on the track.
McMark
Another Trekkor & Albert shot.
McMark
Trekkor coming into Turn 11.
McMark
Part of Trekkor leaving Turn 11.
Trekkor
Thanks for posting the pics so soon...
nine14cats
Allright Trekkor! smilie_pokal.gif

And since we all love you, I weigh in my opinion and say that I'd like to see you get a full face helmet....just my opinion. Seems like cheap insurance for old face.

Love,

Bill P. laugh.gif
grantsfo
Yeah I second the full face option for the track. Great shots! I really enjoyed my time on Infineon at Russell School.
Trekkor
full face helmet

agree.gif

Thanks!

suit, too. wink.gif

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Oct 7 2005, 08:43 PM)
suit, too. wink.gif

get one of them watercooled ones. i hear they work well in the CA summer ...

driving.gif Andy
Trekkor
I've been watching the in-car video. Pretty cool.
Good sounds, too.

My best lap time was 2:15 dry.gif

I always left time on every lap.
This early in the game, it's hard to hit every corner right and be in perfect postion.

I did things right all over the track, just not all the time.

It was very fun and I will make an effort to post a lap from Infineon as well as Thunderhill from two weeks ago.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.