Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help! I want a cat/muffler for my 930!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Hey Gang,

Need help in locating a used or new ($$$ouch!) cat and muffler for my '88 930. I have a GHL Header/twin tip muffler system without a cat. I have my old cat and exhaust, but I looked at the things and they're toast. My engine is newly rebuilt with a quick spool turbo and a 915 5 speed conversion. I'm keeping my 4 speed 930 box for a V8 914 race car conversion later in my life...smile.gif

Anyway, I like the performance but the GHL resonance at 2700 rpm through 3800 rpm drives me nuts....and while my car is very clean and pretty, she is not a garage queen. I use her 3 - 4 times a week as my commute vehicle.

A new cat/muffler combo from the dealer is more than the car I just bought for my 16 year old daughter. Pelican/Performance Products/GPR basically don't carry 930 exhaust stuff. And my weekly calls to Parts Heaven/Easy have come up empty for the past 3 months....

Do I really have to fork out that much money to have it quieter in the car? I guess at 43 I no longer like the rumble....I save it for my track car.

Anyone have a suggestion of where to find a good deal on the parts? Or have some nice used pieces for sale?

Any help appreciated!

Bill smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Bill,

Have your Porsche shop call SSI (ask for John) and ask him how soon they can buy a system from us.

We dont have mufflers.. however John may sell you a stock muffler.

We dont sell direct.. so your shop has to call and ask.

And dont bring my name up.. the price will go up...lol

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.