Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good source for nylock nuts, crush washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

I was just wondering where everyone else gets their nylock nuts and crush washers, exhaust nuts etc.

The things that typically get replaced (ideally) when they are undone or messed with in general when one does general maintainence on the cars.

I get mine from the bird bath and maybe that's not the cheapest.

Any other sources?

confused24.gif
Tobra
I'd say let your fingers to the walking(cursor I suppose) Check under fasteners in the yellow pages, you may have to buy a box of them though. I always by my crush washers at Kragen or whatever, though I do generally just buy the oil change kit for that one.

You can make a nylock nut with a regular nut and some fishing line laid across the threads. It is not exactly the same, but it works pretty well.
olav
icon_bump.gif
Bartlett 914
I can name 3 places I like to use.

McMaster Carr
Mcmastercarr.com

Metric & Multistandard components (Real good) Metricmmc.com

MSC
MSCDirect.com

Mark
jimtab
Any good hardware store, particularily one that carries Hillman fasteners as their line (like the one I buy for) will have all that in metric or sae and stainless also...screw depot and the other boxes.... flipa.gif
Demick
As long as it is not a specialty piece of hardware, any GOOD hardware store will have the majority of what you would want.

There's also a place called Mr Metric in San Jose that has a very good selection of metric hardware including the belleville or wavy washers that are often hard to find.

Demick
IronHillRestorations
Used to be a company in Cali called Metric Man. I use Metric & Multi-Standard.
J P Stein
You have to be careful with aluminum washers.....they are not all created equal. Those used on 911 motors are soft
and actually seal possible leakage around studs.

Various Porsche supply houses (& dealers)sell an oil change kit consisting of gaskets, the proper washers, & nylocks for the camcovers & sump plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.