Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JACK STANDS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Ok newbie question, and yes it may appear to be a stupid one, but I don't want to cause damage.
Ok I went down bought some 3 ton jack stand this morning. I probabely should have posted the question prior to spending the money, but as I often do, I make the decision then think to ask. My question is where shouuld the stand be placed and is there any tips or suggestion on the best way to do this before begining?
Advice is appreciated..
TINCAN914
Nevermind.... Oulled the head out and found a great post in classic section. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
smilie_pokal.gif
JB 914
there are four "jack points" under the care look under and you should see them. they look like little round doughnuts thingies.

i sometimes use the jackstands under the engine cross bar if i'm jacking up the rear of the car
STL914
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Oct 1 2005, 10:28 AM)
there are four "jack points" under the care look under and you should see them. they look like little round doughnuts thingies.

i sometimes use the jackstands under the engine cross bar if i'm jacking up the rear of the car

This may help:

TINCAN914
Got it up and I'm still alive... Easy with the great pics and diagram on the classic section.
Thanks to those that contributed to that thread.

Ok I'm ready to pull the motor next week I think confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
So I was wondering if I might be able to appeal to the kinder side of two or three or more of you, to come over and give me a hand. beer and BBQ is on me..... beerchug.gif Not the cheap crap either. I'll go all out and splurge for the Shaffer... LOL..
Was hoping to do it next Saturday,any takers?
PM me...

Bri
TINCAN914
QUOTE (STL914 @ Oct 1 2005, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Oct 1 2005, 10:28 AM)
there are four "jack points" under the care look under and you should see them.  they look like little round doughnuts thingies.  

This may help:

Found it thanks Gary.... It was a great help. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.