Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: in sacramento weekend of 10/7-9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
craig and i will be in sacramento next weekend. arriving late fri evening and staying at the Hampton Inn. craig is picking up a 6 on sat am. natl' street rod show in the afternoon and leaving sunday am. any interest in getting together on sat? nsrs, dinner, etc,....very causual planning. all robots are welcome. if there is something you need that craig may have, i suggest you contact him and save on those pesky shipping charges. empty tow dolly on the way down. see you there.

k
porschecb
Yea! I am in. As long as I don't have go downtown! I hate downtown! We can meet at my house. I am always into BBQ. Not sure where Hampton is. But I am in Carmichael. 15/20 min. from downtown. Just let me know. beerchug.gif

Michael
McMark
I think I could swing that. Let me know the details. I missed out on the Sac crowd last month. Maybe I can make up for that. wink.gif
rhodyguy
i'm ridin', so craig will call the shots. he said there is a nice resturaunt near the Hampton. with it being a 1400 mile or so weekend my guess is craig isn't going to want to do too much extra cruising. we'll fine tune the details later in the week. craig is at camp today, i'm sure he will chime in later.

k
porschecb
Just looked to see where the Hampton Inn is. Is it the one on Auburn blvd.? If it is I am 5/7 min. away. Its up to you! I have have the room! Just did a get together on the 18th of last month. I am up for it again. Let me know.

Michael
ConeDodger
Oh my God!!! Its happening again... For the record I want Wanda to know that I had nothing to do with this one... But I am in... I am pretty sure we can get old Martin to come up and school us again...

Rob
rhodyguy
martin is more than welcome too. but only if he brings his charming wife alison(with 1 l).

k
goose2
If you guys will be passing through Eugene anywhere near meal time, let me know.
Alison Baker
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Oct 2 2005, 04:28 AM)
martin is more than welcome too. but only if he brings his charming wife alison(with 1 l).

k

Hey Kevin , Thanks for the compliment ! rolleyes.gif

Martin is away to the Autocross in Stockton today , I will ask him when he gets home. It would be great too see you since

we havent seen each other since WCC 04.....

One " L "

Tobra
I would be down, give me a chance to ask someone with a brain in their head how to hook this up right. I too am in Carmichael, and would be willing to give, free of charge, a mildly cool t-shirt, to be worn while crawling on the ground at the rear of my car. It is some sort of starter related thing, I believe a hot start relay, that has a loose red wire, and a loose black wire with a red stripe. Sorry, no intention to hijacked.gif matey
rhodyguy
get a new starter and i'll watch you put it in! biggrin.gif

k
boxstr
Correction..... Kevin and I will be headquartered out of the Doubletree Hotel, 2001 Point West Way in Sacramento California.
Driving to Auburn on Saturday morning to pickup the 6, then back to Sacramento for the NSRA at the California fairgrounds and Expo center..leave for CAMP 914 on Sunday.
CCLINROADTRIP
Brad Roberts
Thunderhill has a POC/PRC race this weekend. It is 7 miles off of Hwy5 north of SAC by 1.5 hours. Take the Willows exit. Spend 15 minutes walking around the paddock. You wont be disappointed.

B
Brad Roberts
Orange 9146 out of Auburn?

B
rhodyguy
is thunder hill up near willow? that could be fun. i'll bring my helmet. go wring out craig's new 6! biggrin.gif

k
Brad Roberts
Thunderhill is in Willow..and they do have a HPDE class this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

B
rhodyguy
we stayed there on the way home from lancaster. craig can take that waitress from the resturant with the monster burgers for a ride.

k
Tobra
Have to bail, the wife informed me of a prior commitment.
boxstr
Brad, I am not sure what color the 6 is, I think primer.
Craig
rhodyguy
fuel, check. oil level, check. air in spare, check. rainx, check. see you after while.

k
ConeDodger
Craig,
Did you buy the 6 project that is up at Renntech? Belonged to a truck driver?
The new Hooters is within a few blocks of your hotel. If you guys are going out tonight let porschecb now. He knows how to get a hold of me. Although I can't seem to find his number right now.....
Rob
Brad Roberts
Auburn is not very big.. I'm surprised there is TWO in the same city.

B
Porsche Rescue
Craig and Kevin are in Sac. by now. The car is a project six at Renntech.
porschecb
Well I offered! and nobody has a plan. Let me know. I am 5/7 min. from where you are. You wan't to meet or what? beerchug.gif Rob are you in? Whats up with up this???????.
boxstr
Just got in. Going to eat in the hotel and check out the hot rods in the parking lot and go to bed. Up early to Auburn and pickup the car, then back to the Expo center.
CCLINSWEETDREAMS
boxstr
Good morning Boys and girls. Up bright and early. Holy Mother of God Kevin can really sound off at night. I think I slept a total of 5 hours.
A beautiful morning here in Sacramento, 80 degrees later today, clear blue sky, the sound of revving V8s outside the hotel.
More chrome in the parking lot of the Doubletree than you will see on Unique Whips on Speed.
Picking up a 6 in Auburn from Renntech. I have not seen the car or know to much about it. Jim Chambers was the negotiator for this purchase, price was right!!!
Anyway I will take pics today, and post when I get back home on Sunday night or Monday.
CCLINTOWDOLLYSRUS
boxstr
Picked up the six today, More Porsches outside at Renntech in Auburn than I have seen at some Porsche events!! A few other 914s and 911s plus about 4 912s, one a car that belonged to Sammy Hagar.( I can't drive 55)
Car looks much better than I was expecting. Media blated engine bay in primer, very clean!!
Interior blasted and in primer. Fenders are bare metal, well need to get primer on there as soon as I get back.
NOS 914/6 wiring harness in bag included.
Fuchs wheels on all four corners.
Spent the remainder of the day at the NSRA event at teh Expo center. Porschecb called,he was supposed to call later no call. Kevin and I will hit sack and get an early start Sunday morning.
CCLINSWEETDREAMSFOMSAC
rhodyguy
hi craig. biggrin.gif

k
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Hi Craig and Kevin. wavey.gif
ConeDodger
Sorry we all couldn't get together. I was teaching a rare weekend class in Santa Rosa. So I had wandered 125 miles away. porschecb called me while I was there. I also talked to Martin Baker on my way down in the morning and he had a wiring crisis in his 4 cylinder so he was out.
Gary is supposed to be a good guy up there at Renntech. One of my coworkers snatched a taildragging '75 with 21K miles on it before I could get up there to see it. Just as well, I hated the color. Sorry I missed you two... Next time maybe.

Rob
porschecb
Sorry Craig! Had to go to SF to get my son. Got back way late and left your number at home. Hope you have a safe trip home.
boxstr
Well Kevin and I made it back to CAMP at about 4:00 pm today. We were up and out of the hotel at 4:30 am and on the road.
It was becoming "unbearable" so we stopped in the Black Bear cafe in Willows for Oatmeal, Eggs, Hash Browns, Toast and coffee. We thought about having a piece of "Blue Beary Pie". But a little to early.
The car made th etrip back with out any problems, until we were about a mil efrom CAMP and one of the wheels started squeaking. Haven't checked futher but glad it waited till the end.
Hers a few pics of the car and the rod show and some others.
CCLINBEARINMIND
boxstr
pic2
boxstr
pic3 The Black Bear Cafe welcome sign.
boxstr
pic4 Porsche 914 parts at the hot rod show.
rhodyguy
wierd weekend for wrecks. friday morning some fool decided to park their car under a truck carrying gas bottles on 205. looonnnggg back up. mid way on the bridge over the columbia to where 84 cuts off. then yest there were 2 semis off the road, laying on their sides on south bound I-5. both within about 1 hour of each other.

k
red914
glad to see you made it home safely. i imagine it was a fun trip with Craig. i never did get to camp this summer, and i feel the loss. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.