Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redwood Region autoX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Yeah, here goes Dave again, with his pictures. smile.gif

Trek with both lids open.
Dave_Darling
Trekkor with a... Hey, is that other car really a Porsche???
Dave_Darling
Well, that one says "935" on the license plate, so it must be a Porsche, right?
Dave_Darling
Vintage Spyder kit-car; has a 1971cc 914 motor in it.
Dave_Darling
The parking area.
Dave_Darling
Ummm... What kinda car is that, again???
Dave_Darling
Well, it is Type-4 powered...
Dave_Darling
Another view of the Spyder
Dave_Darling
Grid.
Dave_Darling
Trekkor, on grid.
Dave_Darling
Shark (928) on grid, next to Trekkor.
Dave_Darling
993 Cab, with three drivers. They showed up at noon, and only ran the afternoon session.
Dave_Darling
996 cab on course.
Dave_Darling
Targa!
Dave_Darling
This white 964 cab leans a lot in the turns...
Dave_Darling
928 on course.
Dave_Darling
Trekkor on course.
Dave_Darling
Trekkor on course again. Looks like I was wrong about you not getting wheel lift, Trek!
Dave_Darling
Trekkor on course for the last time (in my set of photos, at least!).
Dave_Darling
My friend Shanta, who lives ~5 minutes from the Sonoma autoX site. I like having friends (with spare rooms!) who live close to the autoX sites... I talked her into running her brand-new 987S. smile.gif Nice car, even if it is a Tip.

--DD
jd74914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 1 2005, 06:56 PM)
Well, that one says "935" on the license plate, so it must be a Porsche, right?

are you serious huh.gif

it looks like a flared datsun 240z (maybe 260, I really don't know much about them) biggrin.gif
McMark
Trekkor just stopped by to pick up the last of his tools from the Marathon upgrade week. Said he nabbed TTOD. Congrats Trekkor! clap.gif

What ever happened with those adjustable rear bars?

Oh and I just gotta say, love those red wheels!
Trekkor
Thankd for the pics, Dave.

It was fun having you as a passenger on that last run.

We both thought I wasn't going to make this one turn. The car hooked up and I pulled it off. We both just started busting up laughing as we finished the run laugh.gif

I was running on 4.5 hours of sleep ohmy.gif ( not recommended ) yawn.gif

KT
Bezerker420
HAH You call yourself "Redwood Region"???!!

Come up here to The Samoa Dragstrip and run with us.....its 200meters from the ocean waves and sunny most sundays...!

tongue.gif
Bezerker420
http://samoadragstrip.com/
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 1 2005, 03:58 PM)
Ummm... What kinda car is that, again???

Scary thing about Gary and that car. I almost beat him in my Toyota Echo the last time I ran Redwood Region AX. So Dave are yu running the Falkens yet?
Dave_Darling
Yup, ran 'em at the autoX school (whenever the hell that was) and today. They hook up nice. smile.gif Especially for street tires!! Got a 52.8 or so; not sure where in the results that puts me. But it worked pretty well out there. smile.gif My last two runs were ugly, though--I got lost on run #4 and DNF'ed, and really badly overdrove run #5. Oh well, it was still a heckuva lotta fun!

Oh, and congrats to Trekkor for the TTOD! I'm not sure anybody got within a second of you. smile.gif

--DD
jimtab
QUOTE (Bezerker420 @ Oct 1 2005, 07:27 PM)
HAH You call yourself "Redwood Region"???!!

Come up here to The Samoa Dragstrip and run with us.....its 200meters from the ocean waves and sunny most sundays...!

tongue.gif

Is the samoa cookhouse still in business....the very best reason to visit Samoa imho....great food and no bullshit.
rhodyguy
i guess the 550 rep took advantage of the ample parking. wacko.gif "all of the sudden my car smells like crap". nice pictures dave.

k
serge914
That is the only part of that car that I like:
Brad Roberts
Several of you will get a kick out of this: The chopped channeled 912 has the engine from "Julius" in it. I sold it to Gary several years back. He has a son who works at RUF in Germany. He is the "english" speaking kid you get when you call..LOL

Congrats trek. The new tires are going to need a new setup I see.

B
jimtab
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Oct 2 2005, 09:47 AM)
Several of you will get a kick out of this: The chopped channeled 912 has the engine from "Julius" in it. I sold it to Gary several years back. He has a son who works at RUF in Germany. He is the "english" speaking kid you get when you call..LOL

Congrats trek. The new tires are going to need a new setup I see.

B

Bradholio lives.....hey howya been dude? biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Read my blog Jim beerchug.gif Easier than posting it in 5 different threads. I'll try to update it every day/evening.

B
9146R
Hey Trek,

Kudos to you !! TTOD way to go. Was this your course design ? Glad to know you got #746 off the rusty jackstands in time for this event. Do you think the seat time at Thunderhill helped ? Look fwd to running with you again...wished I could have been there yesterday.

Greg smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
thanks, Greg.

Not my course.

I think the instruction I recieved at Thunderhill did help.
I was more comfortable taking the faster turns than before.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.