I would install in my distributer, NOT a 009 blink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Oct 1 2005, 06:58 PM)
yo Aaron

I would install in my distributer, NOT a 009 blink.gif

ok. that would make some sense...
but it says
DIS-IX Distributorless Ignition System For the 009 Distributor

wait... i think slits has this on his ride.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Got it on my 2007cc Type 3
user posted image
Flippin' rocks smilie_pokal.gif Immediatly noticeable torque increase. I'm running a 0.040" plug gap, no misfires, and I love it. Better than a hot coil and electronic points (what I was previously running). Get it.
qa1142
FYI
this would be legal in some stock classes because it is triggered by distributer. Crank fired conversion would not be legal in stock.

Now what does everyone think?
tat2dphreak
so what's the word on this? I was doing some searches trying to find the right distributor to use... but if one can go distributorless for less than a mallory, wouldn't that be the right call?

SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 1 2005, 07:05 PM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin qa1142+Oct 1 2005, 06:58 PM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (qa1142 @ Oct 1 2005, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> yo Aaron

I would install in my distributer, NOT a 009 <!-- emo&:blink: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> <!-- QuoteEnd --> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!-- QuoteEEnd -->
ok. that would make some sense...
but it says
<!-- QuoteBegin --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin -->DIS-IX Distributorless Ignition System For the 009 Distributor<!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

wait... i think slits has this on his ride.

Nope, Still in the box it came in. I only bought it for the "Bling" factor as the distributor cover is anodized blue ... shades.gif

Complete ... dizzy (chrome w/ anodized cover), coil pack (4), high tension leads.

Was gonna put the guts in a stock 2.0 dizzy.

Maybe someday ....................
DBCooper
They work great, and that's going on nearly ten years on my car already. The distributor's function is changed so it doesn't distribute any more, it's just a trigger. So you get modern ignition EXCEPT you still use the distributor's advance curve. Bummer. But in the original 009 (or 010 or 050, etc) (not the Brasilian or Chinese copies) you can change springs and modifiy the curves if you need to. It's definitely a step up from conventional carbureted ignition, but still a step below the Megajolt, Megajolt Light Junior, etc crankfire ignitions. And of course you get that sexy blue anodized distributor cap...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 10 2009, 11:19 PM) *

They work great, and that's going on nearly ten years on my car already. The distributor's function is changed so it doesn't distribute any more, it's just a trigger. So you get modern ignition EXCEPT you still use the distributor's advance curve. Bummer. But in the original 009 (or 010 or 050, etc) (not the Brasilian or Chinese copies) you can change springs and modifiy the curves if you need to. It's definitely a step up from conventional carbureted ignition, but still a step below the Megajolt, Megajolt Light Junior, etc crankfire ignitions. And of course you get that sexy blue anodized distributor cap...

hmm, so you could use this with say a stock 2.0 dizzy? or are you stuck with only a 009 or 050? I have all 3, btw, so if an old 050, or 009 can have the advance changed to what it SHOULD be, then that might be a great option?

better than simply using the 'fixed' dizzy itself?
SLITS
The shop up the street offered to show me how to remove the guts of the 009 and transfer into a D-Jet 039 dizzy. I never did it, but if they say it can be done I would trust them that it could.

Changing the advance rate & curve involves having a supply of advance spring pairs for sure, a distributor machine to verify the springs are giving the correct advance rate. Additionally, the advance plate in a dizzy is limited in movement by slot and pin with bushing in some. Sometimes the slot must be elongated to achieve the desired total advance. Not sure the Bosch dizzy has this limiter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.