Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
Maybe not in the way you thought when you first read the title... But I got my first AAA card 3 weeks ago (as well as insurence with them) and My car haven't broken down since... I had lots and lots of trouble with my idle etc etc.... but now its totally fine. Guess all it takes is to get a membership at the AAA and then you are fine!

aktion035.gif
Allan
Alot can happen in 6 months. That's how long it will take before you can get the 100 mile tow.

You will eventually need it...
bd1308
get the plus....

i got shafted.....

90 bucks for a tow.....

b
Gint
AAA towed my 914 home last week. Beats working on it in the Post Office parking lot.
bd1308
sad.gif apparently since i'm the only one that uses AAA, 100 mi. free towing doesn't justify the cost of upgrading the dodd clan to gold

oh well.....

b, who fortunately has strong legs.....
Hammy
I have AAA. Though haven't had the wonderful experience of getting towed... yet. smile.gif
Howard
FWIW I used to work for Auto Club So Cal.

AAA is a loose affiliation of independent clubs that reciprocate. NorCal (Cal State Auto Assn) and SoCal (Auto Club of So Cal) for example, are very different in their towing policies and insurance programs. And each State/Region has their own club.
Check with your local club to make sure you know what you're getting.

Fun stuff. Card is good in most of Europe. Showed my card at AC Milano (they used to put on the Monza GP) and got into the members' lounge. Neat place.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Howard @ Oct 1 2005, 08:58 PM)
FWIW I used to work for Auto Club So Cal.

AAA is a loose affiliation of independent clubs that reciprocate.  NorCal (Cal State Auto Assn) and SoCal (Auto Club of So Cal) for example, are very different in their towing policies and insurance programs.  And each State/Region has their own club.
Check with your local club to make sure you know what you're getting.  

Fun stuff.  Card is good in most of Europe.  Showed my card at AC Milano (they used to put on the Monza GP) and got into the members' lounge.  Neat place.

Howard knows things...

My card can't be upgraded until a year of no tows, headbang.gif confused24.gif Maybe SF Bay Area has the most tow volume...
jd74914
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Oct 1 2005, 10:33 PM)
Maybe not in the way you thought when you first read the title... But I got my first AAA card 3 weeks ago (as well as insurence with them) and My car haven't broken down since... I had lots and lots of trouble with my idle etc etc.... but now its totally fine. Guess all it takes is to get a membership at the AAA and then you are fine!

aktion035.gif

Because you said that it going to break down soon biggrin.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 2 2005, 07:04 AM)

Because you said that it going to break down soon biggrin.gif

Hahah, I know! But I'm just going with it until it does.. I knock on wood all day long down here!
jsteele22
QUOTE (Howard @ Oct 1 2005, 09:58 PM)

Fun stuff. Card is good in most of Europe. Showed my card at AC Milano (they used to put on the Monza GP) and got into the members' lounge. Neat place.

Wow, and I thought all they did was tell old folks which Interstate to take...
skline
Too bad Carl Malden is not around anymore, I can see a commercial with him in it saying, :Dont leave home without it."
I got the plus membership this year. Only had the basic till the Chalon was road worthy rolleyes.gif
skline
This is Clayton.....

Someone bring over a cup of COFFEE...
I'm Jonesing over Here....!!!!!!!!!!!

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
in the 4 years ive had/refurbed/modded my car...

it has NEVER needed a tow screwy.gif laugh.gif knock on wood
skline
Thats cause your afraid to take it more than 2 miles from Your Home ohmy.gif

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 2 2005, 12:50 PM)
Thats cause your afraid to take it more than 2 miles from Your Home ohmy.gif

Twystd1

hey... my car has been to SD... and as far north as SLO thus far smile.gif

has yours made it out of your driveway yet? slap.gif
skline
Twystd1 says:

No... I R not smart enuf to make its run rite. If U can helps me make it go fast like yur car.. I culd use thee help...Pleasee.

Thanks. Mr. AAAron.. Yu are my modal of a driver and car mans...

Help wuld B apppresiatedd..

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 2 2005, 12:56 PM)
Twystd1 says:

No... I R not smart enuf to make its run rite. If U can helps me make it go fast like yur car.. I culd use thee help...Pleasee.

Thanks. Mr. AAAron.. Yu are my modal of a driver and car mans...

Help wuld B apppresiatedd..

Twystd1

hahah....
chairfall.gif

we need to have a socal dinner soon.... before d.g. swap hijacked.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.