Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MD - NoVa - Central PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
We Held it anyway check out page two!

How about a 914 breakfast? I found an I-Hop in Frederick, anyone interested in meeting there? Say Next Saturday Oct 8th? I'll be there by 9:00 and let's try to meet by the usual 9:14 am.
I'll dig up a map. The Ihop is off rt85 and rt270.

Scottb? Scott Thatcher? (you're excused if it's your wedding day), others?

The list so far:
Type47
Scottb
Zymurgist ?
Root ?
Bob
Crash914

hmmm Summit Point? might have to run that past "the one who rules"
type47
interested! spouse will be out of town so i'm a free man, heck, i might smoke a cigar or do something else really crazy! i'll email the NOVA group and send them this link...
clarkcou
If it weren't for house guests this weekend I would be there. I hope it is a success so there will be a repeat weekend.

Randy
JohnB
Doh! The neice is getting married so we'll be in TN for the hoedown next w/e. And my car KO'd this evening anyway.
scottb
lemme double check with the wifey..... sounds good to me! still need to do some minor work on the car but i can make it to fredneck!!!!

how about an addy?

cheers.......
jimkelly
Probably not this time around - next time more likely.

Must be this one though ??

5277 Buckeystown Pike
Frederick, MD 21704-7535
(240) 529-1006

Jim
plas76targa
Yep, That's almost the place. Turn onto Crestwood blvd (opposite the Honda dealer) and I-Hop is on your left. (it's either the first left or at the traffic light).

Let's see if I can paste the Google map:
I-hop in Frederick

..cool. I did it. move the marker left up Crestwood Blvd. that first little white rd is the corner I-Hop is on

Zymurgist? are you listening?
Kerrys914
Cool. Take some photos as I will me MIA headbang.gif

If you can get one on the other side of DC or Balt count me in. I need to keep my 914 witin 100miles until it is fully sorted out wacko.gif

zymurgist
I'm here all right... but I do have a question... do y'all mean to tell me that you are actually out of bed and functioning on weekends at 9:14 AM? biggrin.gif
root
I'm 50/50 on this one!
My in-laws are visiting from Ohio this weekend.. headbang.gif
There's a chance though, if I can talk my father-in-law into the trip. chatsmiley.gif
I won't know for certain 'till Friday night! confused24.gif
type47
hey root, your father-in-law likes to eat doesn't he? just tell the people you're going out to breakfast and want to spend some good quality time....

i've heard negative from johnb and jimkelly.

ken, getting up a 6am during the week is a hard habit to break on saturday morning..... plus, there's the dog.....
zymurgist
Well, if y'all want to do it, I'm sure I could drag my sorry ass out of bed. wink.gif

I owe you a flywheel holder anyway, Jim... I got the 6 spring clutch disc (and new pressure plate) installed.
bob
I think I can make it too, kinda new to the area so it'll be nice to see more 914's!
HotRod
I'd like to but 'll be racing out at Summit Point that weekend. If you guys are in the area, swing on by after breakfast, smoke a cigar and watch some racin...I'm the white/blue 914 #97 in FP.
JmuRiz
Sorry guys,
Don't think I'll make it this weekend...looks like I have to try and sell my house! First person fell through so now I'm in a mad scramble.

Enjoy though!!!

HotRod:
Where in Burke are you from, my parents are in the Oaks of Burke Centre...I'm there quite often, including tonight.
jimkelly
Summit Point url - http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/
crash914
all right....got the house thing sorted out...

I will see if I can make it...

Right now I am trying to get my head and oil temps down...

it helps to keep it under 90 mph...... dry.gif
plas76targa
I've added the names of the "tentative" responses to page one. We're leaning towards a decent turn out. The suggestion of driving to Summit Point has merit, it's not too far away.
type47
wifey changed her plans. i'm now a definate maybe/doubtful .... sad.gif
plas76targa
Well Shucks. .. but that's why I write "the one who rules"
HotRod
JmuRiz,

I used to live in the Oaks in Burke Center (Jacksons Oak Ct) but moved about two years ago. Now I live in Signal Hill, right across Burke Lake Rd. from the Lake Braddock High School.

Greg
zymurgist
Is this get-together still on? Weather is going to be sub-optimal for driving 914's (accent on sub , as in submarine).
Nick
If people are still going I'm in
zymurgist
Well, if the weather still sucks, I'll be there in the Mercedes.
plas76targa
Let's still try! I'll bring my 914 just so it's easy to spot the right place. Phoenix Red - Ken and Scott know what it looks like.

I drove it in to work today - my justification was it would be in the parking garage all day vs sitting outside in the rain at home. Also had to finally try the new Kumho's! wink.gif

See you all, who ever at 9:14.

scottb
things are looking tight for me gents.....

wife sick, daughter sick and son soccer game tomorrow. hopefully a good nights sleep will make all well so i can attend....

think healing thoughts.....oohhmmmmmmmmmmm dry.gif
zymurgist
It stopped raining, but the roads are still wet. I'll take the good ole Panzer Tank out this morning.
crash914
Sorry folks....

it was wet out.

I was sick.

kids have events to go to...

lame excuses, but accurate.....catch you all at the next one..... sad.gif
type47
next try could be the potomac pca swap meet sunday oct 16th..... see pcapotomac.org for details
plas76targa
So we met in the wet! Nick and his wife Heather, Bob, Zymurgist (ken) and me. Sorry the rest of you couldn't make it but we understand the family needs and those with colds. It really wasn't a day to venture out.

It's been raining since early Friday and the local weather said Frederick has had 6.6 inches - the most in the DC area. But that didn't stop us. Nick and I drove our teeners, others were wiser.

Now - this thread IS worthess cause no one brought a camera. Some guy we don't even know took a few shots of Nicks car ...maybe he'll join and bail us out by posting them. [considering how wet the inside of my car is that might be appropriate.]

Thanks to you all for coming out, someone grab the ball and plan something next month.
JmuRiz
Glad some people got out for it!
Well you didn't want to ruin a digi-cam in the rain anyway, don't worry about the lack of pictures.

Jim,
Thanks for the post on the PCA swap meet...unfortunately I can't make it again. I have to do an open-house. Hopefully next year I'll have all my used parts all cleaned up and ready to sell.
type47
nathan, sounds like you need to clean out the house for the open-house..... biggrin.gif

i have volunteered to rent a space for the dorki.
JmuRiz
I'm good, using my parents' place for a drop-off for the parts that used to be strewn about my basement. The 914 is going to have to be there for 6 months or so...till I build the garage on the new place.
I'll let you know if they don't have enough space though, I should be OK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.