Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in Porsche Parade Lap - Petit Le Mans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Graphikhaus
This guy camped near us on Turn 2/3. I believe he said his name was Craig and was from Canton, Ga. He owned the car about a year. I invited him to check out 914world.com.
Graphikhaus
Another
Graphikhaus
And the last
Graphikhaus
Past turn 3 and down the hill...
Graphikhaus
904?
Graphikhaus
I didn't see this one on the track, but it was very sharp.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Graphikhaus @ Oct 2 2005, 04:17 PM)
904?

I think that is the Beck 904, pretty cool car.
seanery
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Oct 2 2005, 04:41 PM)
904?

yeah, that looks like the beck car. I'd like one wub.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (seanery @ Oct 2 2005, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Oct 2 2005, 04:41 PM)
904?

yeah, that looks like the beck car. I'd like one wub.gif

Becks son Chuck was driving the car and lives in the Atlanta area.
He was at the McMicheals open house on Thursday night.

Bob
JeffBowlsby
Got a name for the fella that owns the Bumblebee?
rcarpen22
That 904 is Beck's protoype. It had a 3.4 liter 911 engine with Webers. It was awesome. I really want one but if I bought one I wouldn't have enough money left to put an engine and transaxle in it:( I talked to the guy with the red 914 too. He was a nice guy. I think he said the car is a '72 with bumpers from a different car. Petite was fun but it was a small field of cars this year. I hope there are more next year, including Porsche's P2 car.
SGB
the white car is mine. I missed the laps friday nite (dang!). I thought the race was great though! I guess Porsche was worried that ~Mazda~ might beat them.... They need to be in the league with the R-8 Audis. And Audi is going to intro the replacement for the R-8 soon. That would be the right time to sort out the LMP-2 (or 1). C'mon Wendelyn, you chicken Sh__ bean counter! Don't you understand market building or risk? mad.gif

really, I was PO'd 'bought the missing Porsche racer, but the PCA hospitality was great. I had a great time. It is a wiked good track with lotsa good veiwing points- great for endurance. Before the race they had the "Grid walk" where the fans walked through the cars staged for startup, and all the crews and drivers (and pit babes) stand out there and interact with the folks. Really great fun, and a huge crowd out there....

Met several 914 club guys whose names I've forgotten- I remember Bob 'cuse he told me he was Bigkat, and I guess the other guys told me theirs too, but that was after I found the Beer stand. beer.gif
Brad Roberts
From an insider with PMNA: Lots and lots of gearbox issues when they tested last month at Road Atlanta. They have now since been solved, but Porsche did not want to "chance" a failure on opening day so they pushed it back until the Laguna event. It appears everything is a go for debut at that event. I have been invited to watch a PMNA dyno session with the new 3.4l V8 race engine. Should be interesting to say the least.

B
Gint
Great pics, thanks.
Graphikhaus
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Oct 2 2005, 08:04 PM)
Got a name for the fella that owns the Bumblebee?

Sorry, no name.
Graphikhaus
I know them tails is draggin' but it sure is purty.
Graphikhaus
You never know exactly who you might be camping next to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.