Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How the factory mounted the /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I had never really had a good look at how the factory /6 engine mount looks like until I got Jon Lowe's tub. Factory /6 are pretty rare around here, and the mount is hard to get a good look at if the engine is in the car.

So I took a bunch of pictures and will upload them in case anyone is interested. If these were strong enough for 200 hp GT race engines, they must be good enough for what most of us mount. Plus they let you drop the engine straight down, without removing tin.

So here it goes:
michel richard
My gentle wife is holding the ruler
michel richard
From the right hand side of the car
michel richard
And from the top
michel richard
In the last picture it is clear that the mount is 3 pieces. There's the main piece, flat to the bulkhead, and two "wings", one on each side, that are on edge to the bulkhead and folded horizontally at the top.
The bolts between the part shown here and the rubber carrier squeeze everything together.

HTH
McMark
Michel,

I just moved your first version of this thread to the classics section. I had forgotten about itl pinch.gif
michel richard
Mark, thanks.

Here's a link to the main thread on my restoration.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=2&t=34896&st=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.