Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW Oktobeer Fest Sat. the 29th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
OK I made the reservation for us. It is at 7PM Sat Oct.29 at The Bavarian Grill in Plano TX. They are at 221 West Parker Rd. They have a web site bavariangrill.com Check them out and look over the menue. Just Barb and I this time Im pawning the kids off wink.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif PM Me if you will be there and how many with you. clap.gif clap.gif

ADMINS CAN I GET A NAIL PLEASE

Here is the list based on the last post about doing this.

Spare time toys 2
dakotaewing 2
ClayPerrine 4
xitspd 2 idea.gif
MBowman325 1
LowGT 2
Mr. Dick 2
tat2dphreak
my wife will come too...
jr91472
I invited my neighbor with the 74 Marathon Blue.....he's working on his kitchen pass.

beer.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Oct 3 2005, 09:04 AM)
I invited my neighbor with the 74 Marathon Blue.....he's working on his kitchen pass.

beer.gif

tell him to bring his toolwench, err... wifey!! biggrin.gif

I always get the kitchen pass when I invite the wife... even if she doesn't want to go biggrin.gif

"hon, wanna go to silver city cabaret this weekend?"

"no, but you can, don't drink too much... take out the trash first though" wink.gif
ClayPerrine
I will be there. But someone needs to post a map.

xitspd
ohmy.gif Wow! I just checked out the web site! If I can get away, my wife and I will try to fly to Texas for the event. That place has an excellent menu and I love German food. beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
http://www.bavariangrill.com/

with directions here:
http://www.bavariangrill.com/about_us_directions.html
spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2005, 12:34 PM)
I will be there. But someone needs to post a map.

You wanna map you got a map cool_shades.gif
jr91472
Oops! Just found out that I am slated for a costume party that Saturday nite. Count me out. sad.gif
spare time toys
I went past today and made a reservation to start with 10 to 20 folks. It is the last night for Oktoberfest beerchug.gif and schnitzel fest drooley.gif . They have a special band going to be playing and he said other special things going on. I have to fix my scanner and post the special menue for the fest. drooley.gif
LowGT
Put me and my wife down as a maybe. We're supposed to close on our house Oct. 24th, if so then we'll be moving that weekend. sad.gif

But you know how closings are, might end up being later and we'll have that weekend open. smile.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (LowGT @ Oct 11 2005, 02:52 AM)
Put me and my wife down as a maybe. We're supposed to close on our house Oct. 24th, if so then we'll be moving that weekend. sad.gif

But you know how closings are, might end up being later and we'll have that weekend open. smile.gif

Hey you gotta eat to have strength for all those boxes sad.gif Im just a couple of miles down 544 from you. Welcome to our neck of the woods wavey.gif
tat2dphreak
due to a change in my on-call schedule, I can't make it... we have to go out of town that weekend mad.gif headbang.gif
spare time toys
I snagged this from the sandbox. Isnt this what the Oktoberfest is all about beerchug.gif Ill see you there smile.gif
spare time toys
Mr. + Mrs. Dick have decided that they will also be there. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
Add another 3. Betty is going to be able to make it, and my 914 owning neighbors, Bob and Debbie McKinney, are going to come too....
DougC
"Hello, Hello.." I'll be hanging out with Bono and the band at the AAC, not going to be able to make it. I have high hopes of being able to drive my car to Zim's swapmeet in a couple of weeks though. You folks have a great time and don't drink too much German beer.

Doug C
spare time toys
QUOTE (DougC @ Oct 27 2005, 11:39 AM)
I have high hopes of being able to drive my car to Zim's swapmeet in a couple of weeks though. You folks have a great time and don't drink too much German beer.

Doug C

Cool Ill see you over at Zims. Im goint to try and sell off the rest of the 928 stuff and some hubs and stuff I no longer can use. You want I should save you a bratwurst from the fest and bring it for ya? icon8.gif
Thoward914
Well I was hoping Robyn and I could make it tonight. But I'm flying to Montana Sunday morning and I've just got back from Puerto Rica last week. I'm still trying to catch up with things around the house. You guys have a great time. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
spare time toys
A quick blast around 190 and a short drive up 75 and you are there. Come throw down some grub and say hi to the gang and head back out. I cant stay late I have to Run the sitter back to Las Collienas area come back power sleep then go in to work at 4 AM wacko.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Oct 15 2005, 05:08 AM)
I snagged this from the sandbox. Isnt this what the Oktoberfest is all about beerchug.gif Ill see you there smile.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Let's see some pictures!

Dan
spare time toys
QUOTE (xitspd @ Oct 30 2005, 10:06 AM)

Let's see some pictures!

Dan

I only got one and forgot to take more. We had 3 teeners in the parking lot and 2/3 of them belong to Clay and Betty laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Oct 30 2005, 04:07 PM)
I only got one and forgot to take more. We had 3 teeners in the parking lot and 2/3 of them belong to Clay and Betty laugh.gif

Yea.. the DFW contingent of 914 owners is kinda lame. All 3 914s that showed up for dinner park every day within 30 yards of each other, and all 3 drove 40+ miles for dinner. The "locals" were all too lame to bring theirs!! wink.gif

The parking lot.....

ClayPerrine
The McKinneys (the other 914 owners that actually drove their car to dinner)

ClayPerrine
The Dildines...

ClayPerrine
The other Dildines

ClayPerrine
The Ewings

ClayPerrine
Mr. Bowman.

SirAndy
smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_pokal.gif
so how was the food???

i went to a "supposed to be" german oktoberfest here 2 weeks ago and when i saw that they had spelled "Wiener Schnitzel" wrong i knew i was in for trouble ... barf.gif

yes, it's "Wiener" and NOT "Weiner". it's named after "Wien", the capitol of austria (you guys call it Vienna) ...

i hope you had more luck ...
beerchug.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
The food was excellent. Reminded me of what my grandmother used to cook. Her parents were from Germany. chowtime.gif

You need to come here and we can have another get together there.

jr91472
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 30 2005, 07:51 PM)
The "locals" were all too lame to bring theirs!! wink.gif

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssseeeeeeee MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol2.gif lol2.gif

Actually I was busy running around with my own "beer wench" that nite.....(it is Holloween ya know)

Seriously, wish I could have made it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Oct 31 2005, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 30 2005, 07:51 PM)
The "locals" were all too lame to bring theirs!!    ;)

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssseeeeeeee MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol2.gif lol2.gif

If you are going to talk like that, you need an arrow through the head............ biggrin.gif

SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 31 2005, 06:13 AM)
yes, it's "Wiener" and NOT "Weiner". it's named after "Wien", the capitol of austria (you guys call it Vienna) ...

agree.gif clap.gif user posted image
Thoward914
It looks like everyone was having a good time. With lots of good beer beerchug.gif . I wish Robyn and I could of made it, but I hadn't even started packing for my flight early Sunday morning. If I had made it I could of parked the Miata next to the 914's ohmy.gif . My 914 is still setting up on the trailer. I'm flying back from Butte Montana late Friday so I should make it to Zims for the swap meet wavey.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.