Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracked Tranny Ear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Getting ready to clean up my engine & tranny Today, I noticed a crack on the DS tranny ear. How soon do I need to take care of this and what's the best course of action?
Thanks in advance... pray.gif
Grimstead
Second picture...
Aaron Cox
whoa....

lets get it welded up. takes a special guy to do it.....

you could always go ghetto, and slap a T/S cover on it.... or even a 911 one smile.gif
LvSteveH
There is a rear cover in the classifieds for $50, you'd need a new gasket, and it would only take half an hour to install with the trans out of the car. Pretty cheap peace of mind in my book.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Oct 2 2005, 06:32 PM)
There is a rear cover in the classifieds for $50, you'd need a new gasket, and it would only take half an hour to install with the trans out of the car. Pretty cheap peace of mind in my book.

yes... go bill go!
Grimstead
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 2 2005, 06:29 PM)
whoa....

you could always go ghetto, and slap a T/S cover on it.... or even a 911 one smile.gif

You offering? happy11.gif You do have all that experince from the flare welds behind you. welder.gif

My son Jacob said he could fix it, but I think he wanted to hit it with my hammer. That's a 3yr old for you. smash.gif pinch.gif
Aaron Cox
no one i know can weld Mag.....

buy the new tail cover
Grimstead
How much are we talking?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 2 2005, 06:29 PM)

how about just getting a new (used) endcover ???

wink.gif Andy
sixnotfour
T H O M A S
to late cool_shades.gif
Grimstead
Damn, I never even saw Steve's post untill now, I gotta keep a better eye on this stuff. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.