Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no spark...no fuel pump...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok...trying to get the new project running, before I rip the engine out... its a 1.8 engine with FI... when i crank the engine...the fuel pump doesn't come on...i tryed testing it, by removing the cover off of the air flow meter, and moving the pointer counter-clockwise...nothing..??..?? then made a jumper cable, and connected it from the red and black wire that goes to the duel relay to the positive side of the battery, and the fuel pump runs wacko.gif ...ok...i run the fuel pump, turn the engine over a couple times...no spark....changed coil, and check the distributer, and there was power coming from it, but not getting to the spark plugs... can anyone tell me how to fix the fuel pump, and no spark problems??? thanks. I'm learing alot about the 1.8 fuel injection setup...not to hard...but when you've had carbs.... dry.gif Thanks for all info beerchug.gif
scotty914
okay the fuel pump is controlled by the double relay, which you can bypass by pressing the 2 contacts, one is power to the fi brain the other is the fuel pump. the double relay was giivng me problems try to get one. it does cross reference to a vanagon part

not for the spark, take off the wire to the tach, which is black with pruple tracer, then pull off the white wire to the fi. feed power to the coil, then with the dizzy cap off open and close the points, that should get the coil to spark, if the wire to the tach is shorted out the coil will not build a spark. if you get a spark by disconnecting the other stuff trace it from there. then you can try with the tach disconnected. the tach is not needed to run, but the white wires are, or the ecu does not know when to inject.

give me a call if you need to
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.