Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got the 3.0 running today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
1-what are the pros for changing to turbo valve covers, does it make it go faster
or do the stock ones clear better
2- how do i know when I need to change the tensioners?,
-there is a small leak from behind the tensioner housing
3- where is a good place to get a rebuild on a alterator
other than that the 3.0 ran like a top, smoked for a while after start, but cleared up after temps increased
thanks
steve
ArtechnikA
1 - they're less prone to warp and leak; if yours don't, you'll see little benefit.
2 - chain gets loose and rattles, hopefully before it fails completely giving you an exdpensive 3-cylinder engine
3 - Don Marks
Gint
Good goin Steve! The motor is in the car then and not on a stand of some sort?
Qarl
Steve,

If you use the turbo valve covers, you will have to machine a portion of the fins to clear the trailing arms.

DNHunt
Steve

That's gonna be really cool in your car. I can hardly wait to see it. By the way, good choice!

Dave
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Wow! I can't wait to see that engine in that car! Good job! smilie_pokal.gif
pete-stevers
Gint the motor is in the old crashed 911 parts car i have biggrin.gif
4th question were is a good place to get the tensioners?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Oct 3 2005, 11:16 AM)
4th question were is a good place to get the tensioners?

any of the usual sources.

Pelican will try real hard to convince you to "upgrade" to Carrera tensioners.
using the latest hydraulic tensioners (which have IIRC a 930 part number) and
*this is important* all the tension arm uprated parts - and tensioner guards - are all you need.

my 2,7 was "upgraded" to Carrera pressure-fed tensioners so i'm kinda stuck with them; i wouldn't have done it on my own, probably...
sixnotfour
1-what are the pros for changing to turbo valve covers, does it make it go faster
or do the stock ones clear better

If you have the late alum. lower covers they will be fine and have no clearance issues.
The early mag ones , Bad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.