Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold the Red neck Racer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Some yahoo hooking up FEMA trailers seen my project car in the garage.
Starts out talking about wanting a 94 Porsche 911 Turbo. I entertain him with yada yada yada.

"Ya know I haven't lost a race to another Porsche yet". He bit "Really"? So I went up to the other house and brought my yellow car down. He says "what do you want for it". I think go big so I say $7,000. He whips out 3 Hundred dollar bills and says can I hold it till 1 Nov. We sign an agreement and shake hands. Done deal and my head is still spinning.

So not going to race it just going to set up for street only driving.
DNHunt
Now what Joe? You gonna build another car. I hope so cause I really enjoyed hearing about you kickin ass.

Dave
type47
laugh.gif did you tell him about the 914club site so he could read you calling him a yahoo? ohmy.gif

.... after you transfer the title, then you can call him a yahoo.....
tat2dphreak
I bet you wish you'd have said 10k now!! wink.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Oct 3 2005, 04:52 AM)
Now what Joe? You gonna build another car. I hope so cause I really enjoyed hearing about you kickin ass.

Dave

Yup going to go whole hog on the "stripper"

Crap now I am a teener owner on jack stands. headbang.gif

Already got my Hoosiers for sale as they won't be much good by the time I get the car done. 13 runs on them. 450.00
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (type47 @ Oct 3 2005, 05:21 AM)
laugh.gif did you tell him about the 914club site so he could read you calling him a yahoo? ohmy.gif

Well, Yahoo is a good thing Isn't it? It's not like I would be heart broken if'n I had to keep the car.

Ya'll know that it's the fastest frigging 914 on the Gulf coast. A "real TTOD winner" in SCCA by 2 seconds and consistantly with in tenths of a second every event. Plus it has NEVER lost to ANY other Porsche at an Autocross. aktion035.gif
DNHunt
Joe

All right, now we got you bench racing too. Tell us about your plans.

Dave
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Oct 3 2005, 05:42 AM)
Joe

All right, now we got you bench racing too. Tell us about your plans.

Dave

Ok I'll start a new thread. " The stripper Project" laugh.gif

Take the SCCA Rule book to the limit of legal. Street Mod 2.
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Oct 3 2005, 06:40 AM)
laugh.gif  did you tell him about the 914club site so he could read you calling him a yahoo? ohmy.gif

Well, Yahoo is a good thing Isn't it? It's not like I would be heart broken if'n I had to keep the car.

Ya'll know that it's the fastest frigging 914 on the Gulf coast. A "real TTOD winner" in SCCA by 2 seconds and consistantly with in tenths of a second every event. Plus it has NEVER lost to ANY other Porsche at an Autocross. aktion035.gif

How many other Porsches did you race against??

biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Oct 3 2005, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Oct 3 2005, 06:40 AM)
laugh.gif  did you tell him about the 914club site so he could read you calling him a yahoo? ohmy.gif

How many other Porsches did you race against??

biggrin.gif

Hmm, Let's see. there is the 944 in ASP on race rubber, the prepared 67 911 on race rubber, new C4S street tires (embarassed that one), 2005 911 Sumpin "S" Whipped his snot nose, the big turboed older 911 not even close, 968 on street tires. and Fred Hurst's Raby powered 2270 teener on street tires.
redshift
I can't beeleeve you solt your car!

user posted image

smile.gif
Trekkor
So Dick Cheney bought your car? I don't beleive it.

KT biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
OK one of you called it. he same yahoo decided to maybe do some homework or something. He now wants his 300 bucks back. dry.gif
Deal is over I guess Can't wait to hear his story blink.gif
Trekkor
He gave you a deposit, changed his mind and wants the deposit back?

Do you really want to sell it?

KT
Mueller
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Oct 4 2005, 04:18 AM)
OK one of you called it. he same yahoo decided to maybe do some homework or something. He now wants his 300 bucks back. dry.gif
Deal is over I guess Can't wait to hear his story blink.gif

I wonder if he had the money in the 1st place or one of if his idiot buddies that knows "nothing" about 914s or even cars talked him out of it.......

$7,000 for a fully sorted out ready to run/compete car is a good deal.

His loss....

Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Mueller @ Oct 4 2005, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Oct 4 2005, 04:18 AM)
OK one of you called it.  he same yahoo decided to maybe do some homework or something.  He now wants his 300 bucks back. dry.gif  
Deal is over I guess   Can't wait to hear his story blink.gif

I wonder if he had the money in the 1st place or one of if his idiot buddies that knows "nothing" about 914s or even cars talked him out of it.......

$7,000 for a fully sorted out ready to run/compete car is a good deal.

His loss....

I agree. But we could just be avoiding a DAPO situation. That would just kill me.
I was playing around designing the stripper and putting a price to it.
Well the best I could come up with using a budget rebuild and all the parts I ALREADY have I needed and additional 8200.00 dollars. That is with a budget rebuilt 2.0L and a Spray glow 700.00 paint job. Yellow of course.

Maybe he should come out the the Autocross this Sunday and watch & ride one of the fastest 914's on the Gulf Coast. burnout.gif

tat2dphreak
I say keep the deposit... but I'm an asshole...
redshift
Deposits are non-refundable... I appreciate his enthusiasm (in running away from you as fast as possible) but I love his money even more..

Now, you just need 23 other guys to leave deposits..

biggrin.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.