Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripper thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So all of you know the quagmire I put my self in. (Sold the red neck Racer).

What do I got? The stripper. aka the parts car I been stealin stuff off of to keep the yellow car running.

70 tub original color was white got pics of a restoration by AA back in the late 80's.

Longs are real good hell hole needs the usual, clutch tube is gone, tunnel is hacked, head light buckets are gone.

parts I have:
Head light buckets, full front suspension w/Poly bushings, new ball joints, Koni yellows, 19mm torsion bars new. hubs stock and 320i calipers
Rack and rest of steering, Welt camber plates.

1.7L D-jet and 2.0L carb motors (Missing go fast parts)

Rear trailing arms hubs stock brakes. Two transaxles with the innards scattered around in rubber maid tubs.
Got 4 Diamond 15 x8 wheels 4 1/2" back space and 2 more 5" back space.

Banged up dash no interior at all.

Budget is Duh 7K

Let's build a bad ass car for Autocross that has to drive to and from events 200 miles one way.
tat2dphreak
idea.gif can a 6 conv. be done for 7k? wink.gif

Joe Ricard
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Oct 3 2005, 07:53 AM)
idea.gif can a 6 conv. be done for 7k? wink.gif

Everybody knows the 4 bangers are better for Autocrosses.
Somebody sell me their 2316 for cheap. wink.gif

Some people say it's all in the combo. I totally agree, my 2.0L Bus piston motor could really push that car. But the suspension set up is what made it fast.
a 2316 in the racer woulda been absolutely "uncivilized" driving.gif
grasshopper
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Trekkor
can a 6 conv. be done for 7k?

Yes! Even less, If you are me.

Everybody knows the 4 bangers are better for Autocrosses.

They told me that, too. But, I don't always listen. lol2.gif

I'm still schocked that you sold the fast car. ohmy.gif

Stay in the game...

KT
Joe Ricard
Yea well of all the 914 autocrossers you and Grant are the one's I wanted to race heads up.

OK ya'll should I just duplicate the the yellow car with a 2056? and put the balance of the money into fiberglass parts?

Pretty much set on keeping it type 4 powered.
Koni's, Poly suspension bushings, 15 x 8 wheels both street and track,

Looking at HPH flares in the back and sumpin bigger than stock fender in the front.

Going to be yellow Cuz it's always faster. mueba.gif
Aaron Cox
go nuts.

no windshield frame....ginther style.... all FG panels...
like the redneck URY smile.gif

say 1500 lbs and a nice motor...
Joe Ricard
DSP actually crossed my mind. Too bad the motor is limited in that class.

Street mod is a great place till a ZO6 shows up. Then it is all just all about getting seat time.
GaroldShaffer
I run DSP, the lower end of mods so far but suspension is the winter projects. I do need to make sure I don't move myself to SM2 with the changes. Now where did I put that rule book...... confused24.gif slap.gif
Joe Ricard
That's pretty much what happened to me. I was just fine with my stock 1.7L D-jet and all the suspension mods.

Was that good enough NOOOOO! I put my hopped up 2.0L in the car and Wham! welcome to street mod.

Doesn't seem fair that a little old cam would do that. What's it really worth 5hp?
port matching has already been proven to be minimally effective.
The Dual valve springs are legal in DSP as is the carbs (I think) But to make power with carbs you need a cam. It's all just a tangled web.

What I should do is build a street car with the 1.7L and go buy a shifter Kart. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.