Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Split color bumpers??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
After seeing John I.'s turbo at the ECC I am craving for the two tone look of the fuchs and bumpers wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Do you guys think that will work with my car color? or am I crazy wacko.gif screwy.gif

RED, BLUE,BLACK, GREEN???
Aaron Cox
not on a 916 front end IMHO...

im having my car done that way. Black and Orange split bumpers...on a black car....
it mught be fugleee....it might not
seanery
try it out, it's just paint, you can always put it back smile.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 3 2005, 05:50 PM)

agree.gif
JmuRiz
I don't think it'll look right on a 916 bumper, besides it looks good now.

The only place I'd add some color is to black-out the lower center section...or do it in Photo-shop to see how it looks.
You are putting an oil-cooler there anyway right? (with that big 6-cly lump in it).

Good luck.
GTeener
Can someone explain what purpose the split colored front bumper serves? confused24.gif

When I drive I can't see my front bumber? huh.gif
Kerrys914
IIRC it was used by the pit crew so they knew what car/driver combo was coming into the pits wacko.gif

JmuRiz
Sorry Kerry, no Photoshop at work, but there's always MS Paint,haha...here's what I was talking about with the black/dark middle center:
GTeener
Might look cool, but depends on the color combo.
GTeener
idea.gif
GTeener
idea.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 3 2005, 07:50 AM)

agree.gif
Kerrys914
What software are you using to do that?
goose2
a quickie Photoshop job:
GTeener
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Oct 3 2005, 08:46 AM)
What software are you using to do that?

Me? huh.gif

Photoshop smile.gif
seanery
I like these...with this one, I'd do the rear bumper the same scheme, but opposite sides (green on pass side, gray on driver)
seanery
2 with this one, I'd leave the back bumper 1 color
Kerrys914
How about grey and black?
Kerrys914
I need to learn this Photoshop stuff smile.gif

Thanks...I don't think they look too bad
seanery
I think your green lends to split bumpers very nicely.
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks. This will give me some things to think about. I kind of like the last two.

Maybe I'll paint my RC car first smile.gif
JmuRiz
I like the Grey/Red split biggrin.gif
nein14
Hey Kerry, looks good with the spilt color. I like the idea of doing the back bumper in the reverse of the front.

How about Orange / Black ? biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nein14 @ Oct 3 2005, 10:52 AM)
Hey Kerry, looks good with the spilt color. I like the idea of doing the back bumper in the reverse of the front.

How about Orange / Black ? biggrin.gif

can you post a pic of your bumpers nein14?

and the color code of the orange? biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Oct 3 2005, 09:14 AM)
IIRC it was used by the pit crew so they knew what car/driver combo was coming into the pits wacko.gif

yes. just think about Le Mans. 3 orange 914 GTs running circles. yes, they all have numbers, but when the car comes into the pits, pretty much head on, you can't read the numbers.
back then, they didn't have no in car radio stuff.

so they used the different color bumpers so the pit crew could distinguish between the different cars when they rolled into pit lane ...

cool.gif Andy
IronHillRestorations
I guess I'm a little too sedate. The split color bumpers never did a thing for me. So painting a 916 front bumper wouldn't be an option for me.

But it ain't my car. Do what YOU like!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.