Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake cooling ductwork
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I have already cut the holes. ohmy.gif

Show me some pics, please.

KT
URY914
When I was running track everts with my car I just had holes to get air flowing pass the inside of the wheels.

Real ducts or flexible tubing was too much of a PITA to maintain.

I removed the backing plates, put some holes in the spoiler, used new fluid and didn't abuse the brakes and I was fine.

P
Aaron Cox
people say the hoses get crunched etc...

PMS did a cool install, through the trunk, and out through the wheel wells
Trekkor
My thought is to attach 2"ABS pipe behind the holes in my air-dam to capture the incoming airflow.
Flexible hose would go up to the strut tubes and connect to another ABS fitting directing air flow down into the space behind the dust shield and on the rotor.

All in theory, of course.

KT
URY914
It is very tight in there and you have to be carful when you turn the wheel all the over that it doesn't pull or pinch the tubing. I tried several different ways and found it was too much work.l
drew365
Why not get rid of the dust shields to let more air escape. That may help. I don't have ducts and I haven't had a problem with brake fade yet. I'm a believer in short quick brake input.
Mueller
KT,

have you thought about adding vents to get rid of the heat??

something similar to the new Vetts'??

jgara962
Check out Pegasus Racing Products, they have several different styles of intakes and sizes of ducting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.