Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yahthatsright
Could this seat be used in a 914? Thats probably a bad question, would it be worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOMO-START-...sspagenameZWDVW
SLITS
Anything (almost) can fit....it depends if you want to make modifications (backpad removal, center cushion removal, etc.

Get the measurements on the seat...height from bottom to top of head rest, seat width and length of seat area. Then measure the car to see if it will fit. The seat attachment system can be bolted (just like stock) to the seat you are buying if you have enough room.

Worth it? ..... that's your call

My $0.02
Cap'n Krusty
One would expect the seller, a MOMO dealer, to be far more capable of answering your question than we are ........................... As to your question of worth, that depends on YOU. The Cap'n
nebreitling
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 4 2005, 08:47 AM)
One would expect the seller, a MOMO dealer, to be far more capable of answering your question than we are

except that some of us might have experience with that seat -- no need to drive the poor kid away.

at $260 shipped, it's a pretty good deal. normally $300 new, w/out shipping/tax. it is a high quality seat, without a doubt.

you'll need to fab up a method of mounting it. i bought mine used, and the PO had already welded on the appropriate bits to the stock slider mechanism. works okay, but for ax/track purposes i'm going to re-mount it directly to the floor.

if you are above 5'6" or so, you'll need to loose the backpad. the seat does not interfere with the parking brake, however -- nor the center console, etc.

the seat is also fairly narrow -- fits my 5'11" 175lbs frame just right (ie snug). if you're over 190, you won't fit. likewise if you are under 150lbs: find another chair. also creates a bit of a blindspot while driving in traffic -- so do be careful.
Joe Ricard
http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/seatsizechart.html
Hope this helps. I am in the middle of finding a replacement seat for the one that got lost in shipping. (Hurricane related)

It will fit but make sure you understand how it is mounted. bottom or side and ensure you have the correct slider. If you are good at making stuff you can make an adapter to fit the stock slider. NOT the safest for racing. (would you trust a 1" long pin and hinge bolted to rusty sheet metal?)
spare time toys
I have that seat in red. I am 6' 240lbs. it is tight but I fit. I am going to sell mine only because I am thinkink of going with another color when I get the car back to paint stage. Red will not go with the new color. I will post it in the for sale section but it aint going to be as much as this guy wants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.