Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Any recomendation for shipping cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
Like the title says I am looking for a car shipper. I am acquiring a car from a family member but I may need to ship it. Open trailer is OK.
ppickerell
DAS in Hayward CA did a good job for me shipping a 911 to the east coast closed trailer $1200.
jasons
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Oct 4 2005, 05:25 PM)
DAS in Hayward CA did a good job for me shipping a 911 to the east coast closed trailer $1200.

Wow, that seems pretty good. I was figuring on about $1000 for an open trailer.
Sparky
Train might be even cheaper I looked a couple of years ago and it was like 800 from the San Diego area to Baltimore. If your ship it train as long as your somewaht flexible about the drop off and pick up points you can get a great rate.

Mike D.
jasons
QUOTE (Sparky @ Oct 4 2005, 08:06 PM)
Train might be even cheaper I looked a couple of years ago and it was like 800 from the San Diego area to Baltimore. If your ship it train as long as your somewaht flexible about the drop off and pick up points you can get a great rate.

Mike D.

Any idea who you contact for that?
EMRoadster
A friend of mine that lives in Tulsa, OK is an independant hauler, and has several drivers. He's out in VA right now and will be here in Tucson in the next week or two dropping off the 915 trans I bought out of St. Louis. He has open and enclosed trailers. Give him a shout.

George Ryan
george.ryan@sbcglobal.net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.