Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Japanese Classic Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OSI
I know this is pretty off-topic... maybe even sacreligious for some of you... but I went to the Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach, CA last Saturday, and took a couple pics. Just thought some of you may enjoy these cars! I know I do!
Japanese Classic Car Show Pics
Tobra
I like all cool old cars, this is a pic of the coolest honda I have ever seen. 800 cc motor, apparently it was a Le Mans motor or something, had an 8500 redline, and is a 1969 as I recall. Dinky little two seater.
Tobra
under the hood
dlo914
the predecessors of the s2000. they came w/ two engine options a 600cc and a 800cc.
flesburg
Only in California, because all Japanese cars that old in the midwest have proven that steel reverts back to its original form, ie a material that looks like iron ore.

In other words, there is no such thing as an old Japanese car in Illinois or Northern Missouri...even more rare than an old Italian car...

"If you think old 914's rust away...."
OSI
QUOTE (flesburg @ Oct 4 2005, 01:44 PM)
Only in California, because all Japanese cars that old in the midwest have proven that steel reverts back to its original form, ie a material that looks like iron ore.

In other words, there is no such thing as an old Japanese car in Illinois or Northern Missouri...even more rare than an old Italian car...

"If you think old 914's rust away...."

haha... so how do you guys over there keep your car from "reverting"?
MattR
I really dont get how that S800 could have sold at all. The design is a watered down ripoff of whatever was popular at the time (fiat, mg). Theres no way it could have out powered, out handled, or out "roadstered" a european equilivant. Where's the draw?
Tobra
QUOTE (MattR @ Oct 4 2005, 06:53 PM)
I really dont get how that S800 could have sold at all. The design is a watered down ripoff of whatever was popular at the time (fiat, mg). Theres no way it could have out powered, out handled, or out "roadstered" a european equilivant. Where's the draw?

Why do you think they are so rare, the gas tank was a 5 gallon cell in the corner of the storage area, I am sure Ralph Nader would have loved a vehicle that you could reach back and tap on the gas tank to see how full it was. It was a pretty cool little hatchback(Though it was oxidized fly shit yellow), no way it was over 1500lb, and 8000 rpm through those dual webers sounded pretty sweet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.