Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 996 wheels fit under GT flairs????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
A good friend of mine purchased new BBS wheels for his 996 and gave me his turbo twist 18's for my 914 6 GT project. The offsets seem quite large (rear measures 8 1/2" from hub face to interior face of rim) and i don't know if they will fit under the steel flares (not installed yet) even with big spacers.

It seems as if I remember an article a few years ago regarding a silver conversion done by GPR where they put these wheels on a flared car. I think I'd like to use these for street wheels until I fine the right size fuchs to put on the car. Any body have any experience with these wheels on a 914?

Any ideas or experience would be helpful!
redshift
You will need spacers, for sure... and I think at that point, you also need more outside room..

M
Brad Roberts
If they are true Turbo Twist hollow spokes.. sell them and buy a set of Fuchs for it. Seriously. Weigh a front and a rear wheel and tell me what the number is. I'll tell you if you have a gold mine or not. The hollow spokes are VERY sought after.

B
d914
I ran late offset 9in rims and had to use 54mm spacers. room was very tight. 10's???
BKLA
More info:

front part number is: 993.362.134.05
size: 7.5Jx18 - ET50

Can't access rears without moving a bunch of stuff in the garage...bummer!

Does that help?
____

Just checked part number and found these for sale:

Technology hollow-spokes - $1300
993.362.134.05, 7.5 x 18 ET 50
993.362.140.00, 10 x 18 ET 40

Wow..I guess I should sell them and find a good set of 7's and 9's.

Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE (repro914gt @ Oct 4 2005, 12:42 PM)
Wow..I guess I should sell them and find a good set of 7's and 9's.

make that 8" and 9" ... smile.gif

only problem with 9" in 15 or 16 is that you can't find any decent tires for those anymore. i've been looking for a year now ...

10" under the rear GT is going to be *VERY* difficult. the 9" is already a very tight fit and needs to be spaced out correctly to not rub inside/outside ...

but, you could always step up to the 11" rear GT flares. i don't know if anyone makes steel repros, i know you can get them in FG ...
might want to contact porsche classic and see if they have a set of original steel rear 11" GT flares on the shelf ...

cool.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.