Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Pull Cable Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I need to gear my car up for the winter as it is already a bit nipply up here in OR. However, the heater pull cable snapped on me the last time I replaced the alternator and it now needs to be replaced. Can someone give me some pointers to the best way to go about this repair? Were can I get the parts? Also, what is a good replacement for the hoses the go from the blower motor to the heater exchangers?

Thanks,
Britain
john rogers
I bought some stainless solid wire at a very good industrial supply place here in San Diego. The wires are pretty easy to replace once you open up the tunnel and all. For my daughter's 914 we use flex hose from a local VW aftermarket store in san Diego (V-Parts) and they also had the large hose style clamps too.
drgchapman
Are you going to drive it ...in the......rain? Oh No! ohmy.gif

The defroster is another thing you want to make sure works. Or use the towel method, like we did in my old buddies VW back in the 70's. smoke.gif

drgchapman
Oh yeah, the next A/X is on Oct 23, Sunday 8:00am @PIR.

Come out and show us what you got.

McMark
Unbolt the handle from the center tunnel pull it and the cables out from the back (leave the grommets behind). Install by pushing the new ones back down the tubes. Pretty straight forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.