Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kumho Victoracers/Yoko A032R
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
these are two possible tires for my track car.
Anyone using either or both.
Comparison of traction vs. wear
Not talking about AX just big track events.
I have used the Yokos before but no personal experience with the kumhos

Thanks blink.gif
Trekkor
I used the Yok's early last year.
Mainly a/x, but they were also my street tires. unsure.gif

I strongly recommend the Kumho V710's.
KenH will likely say the same. We both ran them at Thunderhill.

They never let go. I didn't push 'em that hard, though wink.gif

KT
Dave_Darling
Get the 032s if you want track tires that last. Get the Kumhos if you want ones that stick.

--DD
brant
Regarding victoracers (not 710s) versus A032Rs

The victoracer works much better on a car below 2400lbs, and the Yoko much better on a car over 2800

The Yoko doesn't get warm enough on a light car to really stick.

The Kumho overheats on a heavy car and looses longevity.

I've run both
My locked diff puts a TON of heat into my rear tires, and this made the Yoko's finally start working on a light 914

my $.02
brant
phantom914
I don't have firshand experience, but be aware also that the A032 comes in soft and hard compounds, so those that are stating their experience may want to state which compound they tried.

Andrew
brant
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Oct 5 2005, 09:57 AM)
I don't have firshand experience, but be aware also that the A032 comes in soft and hard compounds, so those that are stating their experience may want to state which compound they tried.

Andrew

I didn't even know this.
when I ran them a few years ago they only came in one compound for road racing.

they were so bad that I never bought another set newer.

I wonder if the soft compound is an autox only tire?

brant
Trekkor
I ran the soft's and a 911 a/x racer ran the hard's.

The soft's heat up and are very grippy, the hard's never worked.

I will run the soft's on track in the future.
I would like to hear feedback on the newer A048's, which are now available in 15" sizing.

A032R

A048

V700

V710

Go fast!

KT
Dave_Darling
I also had no clue the 032s were available in a "soft" compound. Comments were with respect to the older "hard" compound. If you are more concerned with budget than lap times, the hard 032s are a good choice. You won't have to replace them during the year, chances are. In fact, one local Bi or Bp driver told me that he used the same set of 032s for two full TT seasons in a row!

--DD
grantsfo
I run A032r softs on my car. I dont have much in the way of track runs on these tires. They are an interesting tire for AX. In AX they always stick better than my hoosiers when cold, but cant come close once the hoosiers get heated up. Usually first few turns.

I have heard lots of good things about Victoracers especially around durability on the track.
brant
So the A032Rsofts really are an autox designated tire?

(and thus would probably not hold up well in a big track environment?)

Am I understanding this right?
brant
Trekkor
The soft's are by far better for a/x, but both are good for the track depending on conditions.

The hard's will last more weekends than the soft's.
The hard's are recommended for heavy or high HP cars.

If I was to get another set of 032's, it'd be the soft's.

Yoko site PDF

KT
DanT
I will probably go with the victoracers. Although the 710s seemed to work well for KenH at the last TT.

The tires will be my last purchase just before the new season starts. Don't need new tires sitting around in the garage until I need them.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.