Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch kit sugestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
I am doing a Subaru swap and need a clutch to hold 250-300HP. I have a turbe EJ20G motor from a JDM car.

My Kennedy adaptor kit just arrived and they have backordered the stage 2 clutch kit.

Does anyone else make an up-rated clutch kit, would a stock clutch do the job, or should I just wait for the Kennedy stuff?

Eric
Crazyhippy
I'm sure this not what you want to hear, but Call Renegade, they should have them on the shelf.

866-498-2421
Andyrew
kennedy's highest stage vw clutch package (4 or 3... dont remember) is rated at 300... Im running more than that with no slippage.

kennedy is also the cheapest on the market, with always good reviews.

I say wait for the backorder.

it will be worth the hastle and the money,

Will you have the car running by the time the clutch should come in??

eric914
Hard to say. I might be relocating in the next month so the project would be on hold for sometime. The thing I worry about is it took 8 weeks to get the adaptor and they never mentioned anything about the clutch.

I do think I will wait though.
airsix
Just wait for the Kennedy clutch. Good stuff. Stock clutch won't hold half the power you're dealing with.

-Ben M. (w/ KEP stageII)
Mueller
I have a Stage II pressure plate sitting on a shelf that I could let go, but no help on the clutch...

the figure I have seen a few times is that the stock clutch starts to give up at 180ft lbs if abused or old
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.