Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who's going to race? Oct 29th weekend Laguna
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TRE Cup
As of 9/30 the SCCA event showed only 3-4 914s entered in this noise restrictions loosened (dat's right!) race weekend.
Shame on us for not supporting this race weekend!!! Vintage Racing magazine is trying hard to get enough 914 s racing and showing in the paddock area for special treatment
Are there not enough racers that read this board? Then please forward this to someone you know. Really too bad if they miss out- it looks like a really fun weekend
SirAndy
funny that you post this today, i'm actually going to meet with Bruce Goronsky, who is the chairman of the event and Pam Shatraw from Victory Lane Magazine tomorrow.

i think a few people were turned off by the fact that you have to be a SCCA member in order to run.
i'll bring that up tomorrow and see if we can "bend" the rules a bit.

there's still time to register!
http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/

beerchug.gif Andy
TRE Cup
I will be running in the big bore group, so will be in the role of "giant killer" with my black 6. Bruce is a nice person- he's been bantering back and forth.
Andyrew
I might.....

If its no noise restrictions... I'll open the headers. muhaha.
siverson
I'd love to go, but don't have a racing license...

-Steve
JoeSharp
I'm going up on the 26th and staying in the RV park. I'm bring 2 cars and Linda and Thomas will come up friday. Thats 3 914's with us.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
rick 918-S
QUOTE (siverson @ Oct 5 2005, 09:51 PM)

-Steve

I thought I read someplace that there will be some time to tour the track. I could be wrong.

Gas prices suck!
jim_hoyland
Rick, you could always draft behind / under an eighteen wheeler...
SirAndy
QUOTE (siverson @ Oct 5 2005, 10:51 PM)

come anyways! i'll try to push for some 914 exclusive parade laps ...

driving.gif Andy
siverson
Hehe. Parade laps? Time to tour the track? Good suggestions, but I WANT to race, I just don't have a license. Parade laps aren't really my thing...

-Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE (siverson @ Oct 6 2005, 08:49 AM)
but I WANT to race

well, get a SCCA license tomorrow and sign up!

biggrin.gif Andy
neo914-6
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 6 2005, 02:35 AM)
I'm going up on the 26th and staying in the RV park. I'm bring 2 cars and Linda and Thomas will come up friday. Thats 3 914's with us.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

There WILL be a 914 presence who won't be racing: 914 "festival" mueba.gif
drew365
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 5 2005, 05:43 PM)
funny that you post this today, i'm actually going to meet with Bruce Goronsky, who is the chairman of the event and Pam Shatraw from Victory Lane Magazine tomorrow.

i think a few people were turned off by the fact that you have to be a SCCA member in order to run.
i'll bring that up tomorrow and see if we can "bend" the rules a bit.

there's still time to register!
http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/

beerchug.gif Andy

Andy; any news from your meeting today that you could share with us. chatsmiley.gif
olav
confused24.gif
drew365
confused24.gif confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (drew365 @ Oct 6 2005, 05:36 PM)
Andy; any news from your meeting today that you could share with us. chatsmiley.gif

yes, Bruce had to re-schedule ...

sad.gif Andy
rick 918-S
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Oct 6 2005, 05:20 AM)
Rick, you could always draft behind / under an eighteen wheeler...

They don't drive fast enough... driving.gif
VegasRacer
I would love to go. It is just a bad time.
I have track events in my own back yard the next 2 weekends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.